Alignment Specs

LotusPod

Petrel Head
I'm going crazy trying to search forums & search engines for the right answer, and nothing is being straight forward about the nitty gritty answers I'm looking for.

It recently came to my attention (which I don't know why I didn't think of this previously) that I need the specs/#s for alignment with the different heights of the vehicle.

Not being stock & having hand adjustable skunk 2 coilovers I need to know a variety of numbers.

For example, what would you set the aligments at for stock min. ground clearance of 5.9" or 4.5"?

What about for min clearance of 1.5" for the summer?

etc.

Anyone have any clue where to begin looking and/or might have links/answers?

mirrorimg

Set toe for front and rear to zero.

camber is what camber is. Try to get to zero, but a half to a full degree in the front isnt going to harm anything.

You dont need anything for different heights. You may not have the camber adjustability if you dont have adjustable control arms, but the toe is the more important setting, and you want it at zero.

LotusPod

Petrel Head
Set toe for front and rear to zero.

camber is what camber is. Try to get to zero, but a half to a full degree in the front isnt going to harm anything.

You dont need anything for different heights. You may not have the camber adjustability if you dont have adjustable control arms, but the toe is the more important setting, and you want it at zero.
That being said what's the automechanic mean when he says "Due to being altered from stock height I want you to get me the specs you want your alignment set at"?

Is it really as simple as toe the front & zero the rear? Here I am looking for numbers and such

mirrorimg

Yes, simple as that. Pretty sure I have an alignment printout somewhere at home. I will upload it to my photobucket and post it here if I can find it.

-If you dont have adjustable control arms, theres no adjustment you can do there. Do you have adjustable control arms?
- Set the Toe in the front to Zero
- Set the Toe in the rear to Zero
- Caster is not adjustable in our cars

Whether you are 1" off of the ground or 4" off of the ground, you still want the Toe at 0*, otherwise you are going to eat the tire up because it, in effect, drags across the roadway. Each time you change the ride height, it will throw the alignment off, the camber and toe will change. You should get an alignment each time you do this.

LotusPod

Petrel Head
Now that makes perfect sense! So no matter if I raise or lower it, the act of raising and lowering may change the Toe from zero. I see now; thank you!

& I'd love to see your printout just to better educate myself

ok so i went to a shop today and they told me that i should get camber kits for my integra cause the front and back camber right now is positve 3degrees and that the toe is off to but i should get camber kits before getting the alignment, and i keep reading in different post that you dont need cambers more important is the toe should i go through with getting cambers or should i just get the toe to zero and call it a day?

and if i do get cambers are these fine?

http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=39837&cat=0&page=1

http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=39875&cat=0&page=1