^.^Anything Goes Chat for Noobies!^.^

Noneed2Hate

trying to figure out what's wrong with my car.

I probably shorted the ignition coil. I've got fuel, and power, but no spark/ignition.

R13

The other asshole
Did you ever take the distributor back apart and just carefully put it back together just incase you didn't put it back together right the first time?

Or did you pull the main plug apart and plug it back in to make sure it wasn't loose?

Noneed2Hate

Did you ever take the distributor back apart and just carefully put it back together just incase you didn't put it back together right the first time?

Or did you pull the main plug apart and plug it back in to make sure it wasn't loose?
I never even took it that far. All I did was take the rotor cap off, and bump the engine to rotate the rotor so I could access the screw which was stripped (the car was still in running condition before hand, I was just trying to do some maintenance. So I just put the cap back on as I didn't have a replacement screw for the rotor as my new one didn't come with one.

I had flooded the engine in the process of bumping the engine, and in doing so soaked my spark plugs. I got around to unflooding it with the throttle pedal pressed in while cranking the engine, but still can't start all the way even with the spark plugs dry.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
trying to figure out what's wrong with my car.

I probably shorted the ignition coil. I've got fuel, and power, but no spark/ignition.
When you were messing with the distributor and rotor. Did you try prying it off or did you take something off that you shouldnt have? Did you slip with the screw driver while trying to get the rotor off? I would check fuses

Noneed2Hate

When you were messing with the distributor and rotor. Did you try prying it off or did you take something off that you shouldnt have? Did you slip with the screw driver while trying to get the rotor off? I would check fuses
Fuses all checked out okay, was one of the first things I checked. Just tried unscrewing it and that's about it.

R13

The other asshole
I still always recommend double checking, never be too sure of yourself, double check the wire order too.

Hmm... You're in CA...

If you have facebook go post on the CI page, I know there's bound to be at least one person with a spare dizzy who'd let you borrow it or try it out.

At least that way if it started you'd know if it was in the distributor or not.