Apex'i N1 sound test

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
I'm in SF valley. not too far..i dont mind going to where u guys are at just the spot is what's gonna be hard to find without people complaning. last time the cops rolled up and checked all of our engines.. stock ftw

*jeezer*

project one all day!!!
sounds sexy i have to look more into getting the apexi n1

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
this is perfect if you want that rumble/low tone under normal driving conditions and sounds like the trumpeting elephants of africa at wide open throttle.

JGvtec

this is perfect if you want that rumble/low tone under normal driving conditions and sounds like the trumpeting elephants of africa at wide open throttle.
Yea. Something i also like was when you did the normal acceleration fly by, The sound isn't like killing your ears. Its just a low tone. How does it sound in car at normal acceleration?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
road noise from the tires is louder than my exhaust :shock:
i'll take a vid tomorrow morning on the way to work

JGvtec

road noise from the tires is louder than my exhaust :shock:
i'll take a vid tomorrow morning on the way to work
Cool. thanks that will help me a lot. If you look at the new thread i posted im looking at getting a gsr. Why are your tires louder than the exhaust?:shock:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
the way the compound is in the tires. ive got a tread wear of 400 so the compound is a lot harder and lasts a bit longer, than lets say, falken azenis. which has a tread wear of 140 and are super soft and doesnt last as long.

JGvtec

the way the compound is in the tires. ive got a tread wear of 400 so the compound is a lot harder and lasts a bit longer, than lets say, falken azenis. which has a tread wear of 140 and are super soft and doesnt last as long.
So higher tread wear= longer lasting and lower tread wear does not lst as long. But higher tread wear is louder?:???:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yeah. because of the harder compound of the rubber. not so much 'give' going over bumps and imperfections on the streets/highways. whereas softer compounds absorb and flex to accept imperfections on the road.

like yelling at a concrete wall and yelling at a padded concrete wall.