Axle install issue

ishnaga

United States Navy
So I recently did a pass and driver side axle install, everything
Seemed well except for a slight shudder or wobble upon acceleration
But I assumed I needed a alignment. I was accelerating from a stoplight and
All of a sudden I hear this knock. It sounds rotational the faster I go the louder it gets.
I don't feel it in the steering wheel nor the pedals. It kicks in around 2 or 3 rpms
Anybody ever had this issue? I have a feeling driver side axle isn't seated properly but I'm not
Sure. Does this look seated all the way for a gsr axle in a dc2?
[/URL]

chris89883

that is popped out. pull the whole axle out and make sure the clips is on the end of the axle. if it is then put it back in and it should go in about another inch it looks like.

if the clip is not there then i would try to find one off of a used axle.

ishnaga

United States Navy
That's what I figured, I just don't understand how it can pop out with the hub on.
I will pull it off tomorro and check it out.

ishnaga

United States Navy
Well I installed a new driver side axle and the problem is still there.
However I noticed the wobbling and knocking sound happens mainly at lower speeds
It starts around 15-40 mph. I also noticed it pretty much goes away when going uphill and
When I'm accelerating. It's really pronounced when decelerating and off the gas (cruising)
I kinda feel it in my shifter. I really noticed it shaking my windows and I feel it in the floor board.
After doing lots of searching I'm starting to think it's a motor mount because the knocking started with a few blips of throttle and a rev match into third. Before that I just had a slight shudder I could feel in floor board when accelerating. That's what made me replace the axles the weekend prior.
I'm taking to a shop on Friday because I can't seem to find the problem
Please any one with ideas don't hesitate to comment

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You probably didn't get the axle in all the way. The cv housing should sit almost flush against the transmission.

Last edited: