B16 Integra swap, anyone?

BuiltDa9

Well my car alrdy came with a b16 and semi built, its quick thats for sure, but i was wondering is having a b16 swap on an integra good or bad?

BuiltDa9

true, but since my motor is semi built it should still have some kind of potentiall right?

BuiltDa9

true my 91 4door teg had a b18b with bored block, light flywheel, chipped ecu, redline at 8 or 9
all i know is that shit was fast till my friend blew it up

Cripton805

i would get a gsr block and rebuild it
The B16 is capable. Especially in a DA.
I wouldn't understand swapping a car that has a B16 in it already for 10hp and a bit more torque.

If he's going on a hardcore build, then the B18C is better. Other than that, just build your current motor.

Or you can also get a B18C bottom and slap the B16 head on that ;)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
What is the difference between a b18 & b16
Torque lol, b16 is called "the torquless wonder" for a reason.

The b16 does have some good qualities though. For instance the head flows very well even stock (same casting as the type r). The rod stroke ratio is damn near perfect (I took stock b16 to 9k daily and often for a year).

The downfalls are: Short stroke causes them to have less torque then other B series engines. The camshafts are said to be the worst of all B series Vtec cams (minus the b16b).

You could do a poor man's type R by putting the b16 head on a GSR block if you want to stay all motor. Or you could just boost the b16, boost is the greatest equalizer of all

Cripton805

Torque lol, b16 is called "the torquless wonder" for a reason.

The b16 does have some good qualities though. For instance the head flows very well even stock (same casting as the type r). The rod stroke ratio is damn near perfect (I took stock b16 to 9k daily and often for a year).

The downfalls are: Short stroke causes them to have less torque then other B series engines. The camshafts are said to be the worst of all B series Vtec cams (minus the b16b).

You could do a poor man's type R by putting the b16 head on a GSR block if you want to stay all motor. Or you could just boost the b16, boost is the greatest equalizer of all
Did you forget the N/a route?

These aren't bad engines and can get some good power to the wheels too

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Did you forget the N/a route?

These aren't bad engines and can get some good power to the wheels too
WTF are you talking about? My post was aimed at staying all motor, There is I believe only 1 b16 known to make 200whp NA and that is the omni man's. There might be more that have copied him but to my knowledge he is the only person to see 200whp on a B16, not the best motor to be building for an all motor setup in my opinion but to each their own

Cripton805

WTF are you talking about? My post was aimed at staying all motor, There is I believe only 1 b16 known to make 200whp NA and that is the omni man's. There might be more that have copied him but to my knowledge he is the only person to see 200whp on a B16, not the best motor to be building for an all motor setup in my opinion but to each their own
Start reading forums dude. Lmao.
Ive seen mag articles too w/ dynos breaking 200whp

Or at least making 200hp with mild modification. Not bad making the same HP as an ITR motor.

You can always get more displacement out of it too.

Im not saying I would pick it over a B18C, but people make it sound like its crap.
Its the best bang for the buck and is available in OBD0, 1, 2.

Its still a vtec BSeries and most parts can be used or modified to be used.
High com pistons, crazy cams, etc...

Am I right???

This is coming from someone who is biased and more against B16s

Last edited: