b18b engine build

joserivera

Got 2000 teggy ls b18b have cold air intake exhaust and headers stick was wondering how big a differences would be with stage 3 cam, throttle body, intake manifold, and bigger fuel injectors, chip it and tune. what do you guys think i will be running in 1/4 mile and how much h/p would i be at thank
also please give advice what i should do

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Try researching a bit. Is this going to be a daily driver? If so stage 3 cams might be a bit high.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
What brand are you looking at? Stages specs are different for every manufacturer

joserivera

cam is brian crower skunk2 throttle body skunk2 intake manifold skunk2 fuel injectors and chip any thoughts on a good one

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I think your car will have a hard time supporting the crowers with this setup but that's my opinion. Along with whatever cams you do you will want to upgrade your valvetrain as well. Everything else should be fine. As for chipping, you really should get something like hondata instead of just a chip

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Honestly, and this isn't because I have one already, only because I know the struggle of an ls. I suggest doing a vtec swap. That ls on stage 3's and built to all hell, will only yield maybe 160whp. My b17 with stage 1's put the same numbers down and is mild enough to dd. you'll spend less to get better results and better fuel economy by just doing a swap. I know it sounds shitty, but I've built a few ls's and it's never worth it. Unless you go boost. Ls's are not for all motor.

Kyle

Depends on the tune. Dollar for dollar a VTEC engine will make more power when it comes to all motor. I'm assuming your looking at the 404s? Those are some really aggressive cams and need to be professionally tuned. They are gonna idle pretty rough but can make some good power at higher RPMs. It's all in the tune, and some headwork will be a really good idea. Personally, go with a B18C. Easier to build. Look around Honda Tech for NON-VTEC builds if your committed. Might want to upgrade the C/R with some P30 or PR3 pistons.

Kyle

Direct bolt on? No. But you can put one on, but you need to retap the holes on the IM cause the GSR and LS heads have different bolt patterns. Guy did it on Honda Tech. Also have to wire up the butterflys somehow, but according to him, it really improved mid range response.