B20 with Auto tranny

rpalma001

K ive searched and searched but cant seem to find anything on auto transmissions since everyone wants a manual. I like manual just as well as the next guy, but i want to try something different with my teg. At first i thought sell my teg and by another thats manual but honestly i could find one that wasnt already gutted out or stock. And the one i got is clean so i figured what the hell ill work with it.

So my question is will the tranny thats on now work well if i slap on a b20? since the gear ratios are not that far off other than missing the 5th gear but honestly anyone really hit 5th? only way is if you on a track... but street?.. nearly impossible without risking hitting someone or something. now my teg is not all that slow since my tranny was preety quick on its gear change if i manually shifted from 3rd s to 4th s the rpms

Plus i figured everyones got a fast manual driven ride why not an auto? i was even thinkin later ion down the line i would dish out some cash for a faster auto tranny. i know they build them just cant remember the name its in one of the forums in here somewhere.... so any input?

94dc4

My name matches again lol
Be prepared to spend a few thousand on a tougher automatic transmission.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ with a B20? hell no... I dyno'd my B20 this last summer... 120hp/125tq. absolutely no reason to put a tougher trans on that.

it'll bolt right up, but so will a GSR, or any other B series motor... if you're looking to go faster and have some money to spend, I suggest either doing the Manual swap, or going vtec first before you really consider displacement the answer in the Honda world. IF you decide you want vtec tho, you'll need someone to chip, and know what they are doing with your ecu to set it up for the manual trans to shift at the correct points vs. shifting down at the LS range

94dc4 is right with saying you'll need a tougher auto trans if you want to start making some serious power, but a stock B20 isnt the way to do that.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
i was even thinkin later ion down the line i would dish out some cash for a faster auto tranny. i know they build them just cant remember the name its in one of the forums in here somewhere.... so any input?
94dc4 is right with saying you'll need a tougher auto trans if you want to start making some serious power, but a stock B20 isnt the way to do that.
That's what I meant, lol

rpalma001

hit up http://www.jmousa.com/us/flash/frame/index.html
or http://www.levelten.com/
for an upgraded tq converter or even automatic race tranny if you have the money to burn.
That level ten rebuild looks good. I dont know about spending 4 grand, i mean i could but i would have to call them to find out about why its so high on price maybe 2500 is most i spend on a tranny.
4 just seems a liltle too steep dont ya think?

And if not a b20 what then, cus i was planning to get the b20 from a 99 and up crv they put out a 140 hp and 133 tourqe stock. Maybe later ill do a whole franky deal but just want something for meantime. i still plan to rebuild the old b18 ( or probably sell it dont know yet) i just need my car running for now. But like i said im going awhole diferent route from everyone else.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
if you do go frank you're gonna need an ecu and trans ecu I belive from a 92-96 civic sir II automatic

my buddy and i swapped a b16 into his wifes auto DA integra,, we just need to get the ecu and figure out how to wire the damn thing in order to get it to run right:D