B20B Oil change help!

SnowD

Honda cars of Plano sales
Well i've never delt with b20b's and its a fully built motor and has less than 2k miles on it. But the cars been sitting for years. and the oil looks old. Whats your guys oil change setup? I herd that mobile 1 oil filter and oil is the best bet. Any input?

OlegWasHere

is it conventional or synthetic?
supposedly what ive heard is once you go synthetic you cant go back.

i use mobil 1 5w30 synthetic and mobil 1 filter.
i change oil around every 6000 miles and its always clean.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
that rumor is just a rumor, oil is oil, it can be mixed, used to work for valvoline, they drilled this into my head, synthetic is more uniform and holds together a lot better and conventional as you can see is everywhere, then there viscosity, like 5w30 and 10w30, honda recommends 5w30 in the summer and 10w30 in the winter, im not getting into SAE weight and viscosity because its crazy long

SnowD

So i should go with 5 30 synthetic for now? since springs almost here.

rockadilla

thats right.
yeah man just go for the 5-30 synthetic, filters are all basically the same, i usually just go with fram

OlegWasHere

honestly i drive alot more in the summer.
i did my oil change in november i wanna say but 5-w30 is ok but you know how mass winters are.

how cold does it get where you are in texas?

i think it should be fine though not like you get snow or anything...

SnowD

I hear horrible things about honda people using fram. Although they may be rumors...But some people says that in there experience using it it blew a hole in there block. lol

SnowD

honestly i drive alot more in the summer.
i did my oil change in november i wanna say but 5-w30 is ok but you know how mass winters are.

how cold does it get where you are in texas?

i think it should be fine though not like you get snow or anything...
Oh hell man, Texas has very unpredictable weather. Just yesterday it was freezing now todays was in the 80's i woulden't be surprised if it snowed... haha

OlegWasHere

yeah i know i just googled it. some lady said for your area during christmas they turn on the ac because they light theyre fire place for effect lol
lately we got some heat to go into the 40's next day thunder lightning and hail storms than like half an hour later its snowing then raining and switching back and forth.
sheesh at the new england weather.

but yeah like stated you should be good with 5w30

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
is it conventional or synthetic?
supposedly what ive heard is once you go synthetic you cant go back.

i use mobil 1 5w40 synthetic and mobil 1 filter.
i change oil around every 6000 miles and its always clean.
thats a myth and makes 0 sense...

if you fully drain your oil you can use whatever you want.

id use synthetic, i always Mobil1 and oem jdm honda filters

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
agreed.
but like i said just something i heard.
the easiest way to notice it was a rumor is synthetic blend, its not actually half and half its 25% synthetic and 75% conventional lol i rather just go fully, i've used Castrol Edge but im going to switch to Mobil to see the difference i hear nothing but things too