b20z swap vs b18c1

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i just want some opinions......i dont car to go that fast.....so im want to know....stock for stock....which is better. why.....difficulty in each swap......price wise. all aspects....thanks alot.

slammednslowls

always a newbie
ricky, you serious? ill give you a ride when i get my b20z and you can kind of get a outlook of that then go ride in a gsr!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
B18C1>B20Z. That just me though. Basically cuz the C1 has more hp. Though the Z has a bit more torque, it only revs up up 6000rpm. Good thing about the Z is that you can use your LS tranny. Which means that the cost of the swap is cheaper than the C1. The level of difficulty is about the same. In the end, it's up to you.

8urcivic

B18C1>B20Z. That just me though. Basically cuz the C1 has more hp. Though the Z has a bit more torque, it only revs up up 6000rpm. Good thing about the Z is that you can use your LS tranny. Which means that the cost of the swap is cheaper than the C1. The level of difficulty is about the same. In the end, it's up to you.
1.the z revs to 7100......just like the b1.
2.im upgrading the tranny to a jdm gsr tranny with lsd.
3.the hp isnt really a big deal. i like corners....the engine doesnt have to be that fast.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I just looked it up. Redline is 6900rpm. Well whatever, I feel you man! Corners > Straights right? I think you should go for it! You gonna stay non-VTEC?

8urcivic

I just looked it up. Redline is 6900rpm. Well whatever, I feel you man! Corners > Straights right? I think you should go for it! You gonna stay non-VTEC?
ill be using my stock p75 ecu which redlines at.....7200.

i mean....its an engine under 1k that will give me more hp and tq.....by about 20.
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1467903.....<< heres a b20 write up.

blitzillist

Professional RiceR
the b20 is torque the only thing nice about it to me is that higher gears such as 4 pulls harder than on a b18c1.... my buddy swapped a b20z in his teg and it was as quick as a GS-R but he had a type r LSD tranny....

8urcivic

the b20 is torque the only thing nice about it to me is that higher gears such as 4 pulls harder than on a b18c1.... my buddy swapped a b20z in his teg and it was as quick as a GS-R but he had a type r LSD tranny....
well with the setup i have in my ls...i walk gsrs all the time.....although i had my ass handed to me about 2 months ago by a friend of mine.

i plan on taking everything off my ls and puttin it on b20z.

and anyone who has rode in my car knows this.

cheesenip, brokentalon, ghettokracker, crzyazn,slammednslols and many more.

8urcivic

HIghway or stop light to stoplight?

B18c1 = highway
B20z = low end street torque
are u askin which do i prefer?

i prefer stoplight to stoplight.
which can i beat gsrs at?....both. now im not saying all gsrs....i have had my ass handed to me......a few times.:oops:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
B20 is not worth it man, the little bit of top end your ls has will be lost gaining minimal torque. If your comparing it to a C1 thats like comparing a civic to a nsx.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
All I have to say is think of Joes b20 EF sedan....yum. I personally want a b20z/vtec. But b20z is practically impossible to find,and one of the selling points is the p8r head,wich I would ditch anyway,lol.

GSRs can be fun, I really like the way crzy-azns pulls,makes me want a GSR bad, but I do like some torque.

Besides,weren't you the one giving me a hard time whe I was I was thinking about a stock GSR swap...hmm...

Last edited:

8urcivic

All I have to say is think of Joes b20 EF sedan....yum. I personally want a b20z/vtec. But b20z is practically impossible to find,and one of the selling points is the p8r head,wich I would ditch anyway,lol.

GSRs can be fun, I really like the way crzy-azns pulls,makes me want a GSR bad, but I do like some torque.

Besides,weren't you the one giving me a hard time whe I was I was thinking about a stock GSR swap...hmm...
only the b20bs came with the p8r head.

the zs have the p75 head.