Bad squeaking while turning??

larp

bay area chillin
My 93 4door gs started making little squeaking noises on mostly harder left turns and sometimes right ones, but lately its been getting worse and happening more on the right side and more often on the left side, and the turns aren't necessarily hard at all... it doesnt happen when sitting still or anything.. just driving..
and i noticed that my ps fluid was getting low really fast too so i filled it again, and it was ok for maybe 2 days until it started up again..... a few weeks later i filled it again but this time it didn't even silence it for those 2 days or whatever and started squeaking on the way home from the 7-11 :cry: any one have a similar problem and fixed it?

dubJ06

check your steering gear boots for tearing. That could be your ps fluid problem. It could also be why you're squeaking as well. Follow your tie rod ends in and the boots are right there. They have hoses attached that lead from ps pump. If the boots are good then you have a line leak somewhere else or a bad ps pump. If that's the case, then your squeaking could be from lca or uca ball joints or tie rod end ball joints.

ilovejdmtegs

db1 b18 318HP
happened to my friends chysler labaron..if u have a ps belt check it n make sure its inline right if not its probably ur rack n pinion if u have one which u should

ilovejdmtegs

db1 b18 318HP
look downward at ur pulleys and if they look straight and inline then thats shouldnt b the problem..u can do it with the belt still on..and idk how to tell if the rack n pinion is worn..i just fixed the pulleys and replaced the rack n pinion cuz he had a new one

larp

bay area chillin
ok, so my car is still squeaking and its starting to seem like my car is crying to be fixed.
i took a better look at my car today and took some pictures..

here's my train of thought as of now....
1. my car started squeaking and losing ps fluid, but only just past the first hose... so i changed it, thinking it'd fix the problem, but its back to where it keeps sitting at

2. looking at my car the day after i put in the hose, there were spills on the floor of ps fluid
so i got under the car to see where exactly it was coming from... still no luck.. just a lot of gunk and ps fluid..
but none around the reservoir or near the top, except for near the belt and a little more towards the front where you can't really see, and some splats on the inside of the hood from where the belt was splashing it upward (guess?)

3. looking a little more into it, i found that the gunk and everything doesn't really start until about here....

where the pressured hose descends...

so i 'm concluding that it may be that hose??
any thoughts would be AMAZING.

DagoAcura92

The pictures aren't showing right now, but I think u figured it out . The squeeking is directly related to the power steering leak. Have u checked out the resevoir as well?

mirrorimg

Take the PS belt off, drive around. If it still squeaks, we know its not the belt.

If it does stop squeaking, replace the belt.

larp

bay area chillin
The pictures aren't showing right now, but I think u figured it out . The squeeking is directly related to the power steering leak. Have u checked out the resevoir as well?
there aren't any leaks in the reservoir, if thats what your refering to.

Take the PS belt off, drive around. If it still squeaks, we know its not the belt.

If it does stop squeaking, replace the belt.
are you sure it'd be just the belt causing the squeaking? how would that explain my ps fluid?

emd513

you still have a leak, but taking off the ps belt will let you know if that is the squeaking. hell for that matter just pull the damn ps off completely and bam, no more problem, worked for me.lol