Ball Joint Snapped

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Well I'll just get to the point. i was heading down highway going about 90, and all of a sudden the car just decided to drop down and the whole front end was smoking on the drivers side. I was actually able to keep it in control and pulled it the shoulder... Turns out the lower ball joint snapped and while the car is moving my LCA was grinded down a good bunch, and my tire was grounded down all the way and it made a pretty good hole no signs of steel belts so it was pretty good grind. I tried fixing it on highway but I ended up breaking 4 ratchets and breaker bars trying to get the cv axle off.

250 dollars later and a tow its now at my house, with a brand new ball joint awaiting replacement, and 2 brand new tires and steel rims to put on.

I was wondering what would happen if I put the ball joint on the lca with it grounded down, its grounded down maybe like 1/4" Or should I just replace it. I am strapped for cash. I wish I just replaced the tentire front end while i had chance now im so broke.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
I'd say look for some one who's parting a car out or check your local junkyards, I know some yards ( around here anyways) have specials where you pay 10 bucks for whatever you can carry out the yard, I got a new head for my old bmw that way. it's worth a shot if you're short on cash.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I tried about 10 junk yards this summer and there wasn't any integras in my years period, I think there isn't really any junked integra's =/

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
I tried about 10 junk yards this summer and there wasn't any integras in my years period, I think there isn't really any junked integra's =/
you should see mine! lol