Best OEM Headlight Bulb Replacement?

Bstreet2307

Whats up guys... Im new to this Forum I just bought a 97 GSR and needed to know what the best replacement bulbs for my car would be. I looked aroung on the site and couldnt find anything to answer my question so I figured I would start this thread. I want something thats blue without going hid. Is this even possible? Maybe I am just not searching right cause Im new here and dont know where to look but this forum is a little different than 8th civic. Plz Help!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
why dont you want to go HID? They illuminate more
but if you want just a halogen bulb thats blue, check out nokya headlight bulbs

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I really like my silverstar ultras but they aren't blue. I used luminics before these though and they looked cool, but weren't as bright as the ultras

Bstreet2307

I want to go hid but not now. I have to do a couple of things first throwout bearing ect.

TheCrimsonStar

You can get hid's for about the cost of a new set of silverstars if you know where to look
Cheaper. Go onto ebay and search for hid kit acura integra. I can get a pair of Xentec hids with the kit shipped to my house for $36.

Sent from my GameBoy Color using Tapatalk.

Bstreet2307

But are they reliable? I had a hard time finding reliable parts for my 8th Gen on EBAY... Thats why I sold it lol. Full Race and SK2 are expensive on a K20 lol

TheCrimsonStar

But are they reliable? I had a hard time finding reliable parts for my 8th Gen on EBAY... Thats why I sold it lol. Full Race and SK2 are expensive on a K20 lol
Yeah they're reliable. I have a few friends who have them and they perform perfectly.

Sent from my GameBoy Color using Tapatalk.

94RS

No fucks given.
You can get hid's for about the cost of a new set of silverstars if you know where to look
Qft. I paid 80 bucks for highs and lows from Autozone. I didn't want HID's though, so I'm perfectly happy with the Silverstars.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
If you want best light out put you won't get it with blue hue headlights. You need pure white. Piaa makes great bulbs but you pay for the name. Nokya works just as well but as far lightout put piaa wins. Just look up output pics of piaa vs nokya. Bottom line you get what you pay for in the end.

Silverstars are great bulbs but overtime they dull and imo arnt worth the money,rather buy hid kit(eventhough retro way to go if you want it done right). Even if it from ddm tuning, $35 shipped to my door with lifetime waranty.

Bstreet2307

I ended up getting the Silverstars for now. I guess if I dont go HID I will end up getting the PIAA's. All I have to do now is get to work on the TOB and input shaft bearing.

JPTEGLS

Kensun HID kit on amazon for when you do get some HIDs, they have a full 2 year warranty on the bulbs and ballasts, I have had 2 sets of them on different cars and no problems on either of them. Reviewers say the customer service is excellent, i have never had to use it. Im pretty sure the kit is only like $70. Also its just plug and play, very easy to install.

Last edited: