Best Short Ram Intake for GSR

bsampson

Hey i was looking into getting a short ram intake for my 98 integra GSR and i have it narrowed down to two different intakes...the INjen IS short ram intake and the Password JDM Carbon Fiber power chamber intake...So what do you guys think? should i go INjen or Password jdm for more horesepower gain? or maybye a different SRI?....

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I have a blk injen sri on my 99 gs and I really like it. Btw you should set up a poll.. it would be easier to see what people think....

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Or just search the 1,000 or so other threads on this same question.

Just get the one with the best filter and also has a quality mounting setup so it's not rubbing against AC lines, ABS lines, the coolant reservoir or something like that.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Good suggestion.

Come to think of it, since they're all the same, just put the money towards a more powerful car. Yeah, just get a new car.

nicoalex2

Good suggestion.

Come to think of it, since they're all the same, just put the money towards a more powerful car. Yeah, just get a new car.

it is a good suggestion. im not a fan of intakes. why spend 100-200 on an intake for 2-5hp and a deeper tone. put that money aside and add some real power to the car.
just my opinion

revn99teg

just get an ebay intake for $20 and add a K&N or AEM filter on it and it would be the same thing as any sri you can get.

AcBrand

What exactly is the "ebay" intake, and how is getting a $20 ebay intake plus watever the shipping cost is, then buying K&N air filter that can cost anywhere between $20-$55 cheaper than buying an AEM SRI at Advanced Auto Parts for like $90? Or if you have the hookup like me for about $80 lol! Not criticizing just wondering.

heykosal

Angkorian
Dude you can find a SRI off eBay for like $3!!

I got one for my LS for $2.99 free shipping, then bought an AEM dry flow filter from Advance Auto Parts for $40

$45 intake FTW

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
Gotta remember to thought that some people want the performance and also a clean look under the hood. imo the ebay ones look like crap.... I bought a injen blk intake on ebay for 100 and I know i could have gotten something else cheaper but I paid for quality and it also looks clean... just my opinion though... everyones will be different :D

AcBrand

Gotta remember to thought that some people want the performance and also a clean look under the hood. imo the ebay ones look like crap.... I bought a injen blk intake on ebay for 100 and I know i could have gotten something else cheaper but I paid for quality and it also looks clean... just my opinion though... everyones will be different :D
Yea I agree with that, plus I never saw no modified turbo car without some kind of intake. You never see stock air boxes under the hood. Maybe people get air intakes so their engine breathes better and not for hp. Looks better, breathes better, nuttin wrong with that!

heykosal

Angkorian
Mine had a polished finish. It looked fine.

Yea I agree with that, plus I never saw no modified turbo car without some kind of intake. You never see stock air boxes under the hood. Maybe people get air intakes so their engine breathes better and not for hp. Looks better, breathes better, nuttin wrong with that!
All I can say is HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

ltrain

whale penis works wonders for me

iv had aem, and weapon R secret weapon intake (sounds so gay)