Bigger battery?

Integra98ls

Like my name states I have a 98' Integra LS. The battery is a 51R which has 475 CCA. I'd like to upgrade it to something with more power aka an odyssey or a X2 Blue top. However the battery is right up against the Fire Wall So there's no room for rigging there. However I've heard of people wiring the battery to the trunk? Is this unheard of to you guys? or have you heard / have experience in this. any insight helps thanks...

WAR 178

Premium User
just wondering why you need more power at the battery?
i currently have an optima yellow top 51r with the same cca rating and its fine.
but it is common to move the battery to the trunk for the purpose of weight reduction in the engine bay, as well as free up space.

Prozon

Kris
People do battery relocation all the time. Google "Integra Battery Relocation" if you need information on it.

Why is it you want to upgrade the battery? It should crank decently fast unless the battery is tired or your losing a lot of the power in the cables or starter.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Only reason I can think of is the stereo, and Beatbox would be the one to help with that.

Prozon

Kris
I don't recommend a second battery unless you've got a SERIOUS sound system. Even if it were a sound system thing, I would upgrade the alternator before the battery.

Integra98ls

Well the alternator and Starter are both fine. I'm planning on Upgrading my sound system and I know I will need a bigger battery so my battery isn't being drained faster than my alternator can charge it which I have seen countless times.

To be honest I refuse to go Optima. I work at a battery store in Madison, WI. Where we sell Optima batteries and every single one has come back with warranty issues. So Odyssy or X2 is the only way I'll go. And I get a 75% discount off both.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
If your doing it for weight distribution then you don't want it in the back, if anything you would want to put it in the fender/bumper arear to help put weight over the wheels. My battery is in the trunk and I believe its causing me to have boosting issues. I am losing voltage from 14.0 to 13.1@ WOT.

I put mine in the trunk for space reasons plus I have a shaved/tucked engine bay. If you want to do it in the trunk jegs sells a complete relocation kit which is very nice

BeatBox

Real Good!
Only reason I can think of is the stereo, and Beatbox would be the one to help with that.
:thumbs up

i too had a problem finding the right one, that was more of a problem than the price lol
i found two that i thought are prob gonna be your best bet, OPTIMA's would be a wasted of $$$

either Kinetic 1400($180) or the XSPower 5100($250)
i went with Kinetic because the xspower was way too much for the price other wise i would of gone with xspower.

on my teg i have a "little" system so i have two big batteries in the back and the kinetic on the front a few runs of power and fround wire front to back, also a 300A Alternator :)

hope that helps

BTW its a 1500cca's 3x more than your stock and it will be about the same size, cant beat that. oh and buy it from SonicsElectronix.com its $188 shipped and comes with everything needed

Last edited:

Integra98ls

:thumbs up

i too had a problem finding the right one, that was more of a problem than the price lol
i found two that i thought are prob gonna be your best bet, OPTIMA's would be a wasted of $$$

either Kinetic 1400($180) or the XSPower 5100($250)
i went with Kinetic because the xspower was way too much for the price other wise i would of gone with xspower.

on my teg i have a "little" system so i have two big batteries in the back and the kinetic on the front a few runs of power and fround wire front to back, also a 300A Alternator :)

hope that helps

BTW its a 1500cca's 3x more than your stock and it will be about the same size, cant beat that. oh and buy it from SonicsElectronix.com its $188 shipped and comes with everything needed

Thanks for that. I'll have to see if we can't order that and get myself a discount on it. 1500CCA is a huge upgrade.