Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
These are the fucking kids that die and the next thing you know their parents are preaching to you about how their son died on a bike and how you need to be careful

Side note: Why is it almost everything I take an interest I becomes a fucking fad? :lol:

Nobody besides the usual crowd gave a shit about Harley’s or RC51’s, or mustangs until I did. Fuckers driving up prices on all my shit...

94RS

No fucks given.
Sad part is, I’m pretty sure the fucking guy is in his late 30s/early 40s.

Fuck the trends though. I don’t want a Sporty because everyone else has gotten an HD. The torque of the Buell showed me what a bolt on Sportster was capable of, and the look of the Roadster sold me....

R13

The other asshole
You and I like the oddball/unpopular Harley’s... sorta :lol:

I liked the vrod, the night train, and the pro-street breakout... even though I’d rather have a low rider s :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I wanna like the V-Rod, but it's almost 700lbs and the seating position is shit. Combine that with the engine that originally should have been in my bike, and I just can't bring myself to find it appealing.

The Breakout though, I wouldn't buy one, but actually kinda like the look of the new one. The shorty fairing that the Pro-Street had would make it look a bit better.

R13

The other asshole
The old one was useless because of the lean angle, but I’m not a fan of the new tank, looks to bland and maybe a bit Japanese.

Otherwise it’s a good feeling bike, has a decent center of gravity for a cruiser, wheelbase makes it a little too short for me :lol:

And as I’ve said before, even though I like the pro-street... those inverted forks, and the steering damper makes that thing feel like a road king when you stand it up :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
The dyna really is about the only Harley I can make fit me and not look undignified when I’m sitting on it :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Well lucky for you, they made Dyna's for 25 years and there's a huge aftermarket for HD's that would allow you to build yourself a badass Dyna that could meet or exceed the Lowrider S with all the shit available for those bikes.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, I figure if the day ever comes I can afford to buy/build myself a nice bike, I’ll get a newer dyna for the FI system/keyless start, do the 117ci kit, the bigger forks like the FXDLS has (vs the standard low rider’s tiny forks) and some little shit. Mostly a lot of black powder coat work :lol:

They made a good amount of FXDLS’s though, and people bought those fuckers up so I might find one once they depreciate... in the mean time if I ever have money I’ll continue looking at 12r’s and xr650r’s :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
If you're wanting you build yourself a nice bike, you might as well go all out with a rolling frame and get an S&S 124" crate engine for about $7k and match it to a rebuilt six speed.

R13

The other asshole
I don’t wanna spend that kind of money :lol:

Starting with a decent street bob and working my way up would be cheaper, plus I fully expect it to get stolen/get shit ripped off it. I just want a powerful bike that’s reliable and looks good without a bunch of baller parts aside from exhaust/big bore kit

Street bobs are decently priced even now

R13

The other asshole
Lemme rephrase that :lol:

Doesn’t fucking wear out and become scrap metal like i4 sport bikes, supermotos, and every other Japanese/Italian bike that the valves and valve seats wear out on at like 50-75k miles because they sacrifice structural durability for weight savings

Harley just needs to be built well and use lots of red loctite :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
How the fuck do you ever expect to fit on a Buell if a similarly sized XR1200 is too small? [emoji23]