Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
I’d say just get it running, clean it up a bit, put a round 7in LED headlight and call it a day.

R13

The other asshole
It’s more goofy than anything, the v45 that is.

I wonder if I could get some cheap clip one used or something and make them work

R13

The other asshole
Hmm... seems you’re right. I thought they bolted on from the top or some weird shit... I have laid eyes on that bike in at least 4 years [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Nah :lol:

The one I have is all in one piece. Same color though.

I was looking for seat/tail alternatives because that’s the worst part of the bike... if I could cut down and fabricate the subframe like this that’s one of those $40 eBay cafe seats.

I don’t wanna spend more than like $100 max on that thing though unless I get it running and it proves itself reliable... learned my lesson with that fucking f4 [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Pretty sure you said you know how to work with fiberglass. Could make a rear section cover/cowl like Airtech makes for the old Ninja 250.

R13

The other asshole
I can make simpler stuff, that’s a little beyond my skill level lol

I have next to no welding experience, but I could probably make the subframe pretty easily. All I’d really have to do is cut most of the old one off and weld that round part on the back, then tack on some mounting tabs and relocate some electrical stuff, which I could probably make a simple box under the frame for all that.

All just ideas at this point... that thing has been in that building untouched since I was like 7 or 8 [emoji23] I’ll probably start fucking with it and rage quit when something expensive breaks [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Oh you meant the passenger seat cover [emoji23]

The tail just goes too far past the rear wheel, it needs to be chopped off

94RS

No fucks given.
It looked fairly simple to me. It’s just a cover that sits on top of the rear seat an Velcro’s down [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Looks like a standard tail length to me.... just more square than other bikes [emoji23]

Maybe eliminate the plate holder and mount it further under the tail.

R13

The other asshole
It just kinda looks like a big scooter to me :lol:

We’ll see what happens I guess. I gotta dig it out first, then find out what it needs. It got parked because it supposedly just died one day and wouldn’t start back... whatever the fuck that entails [emoji23] Probably a carb issue though.