Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Finally found a set of wheels for the C70 that the seller would ship internationally for cheap. I ended up ordering the double line version (2nd pic) because my stupid ass didn't realize there was a difference . They look like cheap add on stripes anyway, so hopefully they should come off easy.
13892017_1180248045359225_8905748167646377628_n.jpg

4576.png

IMG_20150627_125031.jpg

Reactions: R13

R13

The other asshole
Was watching a twitch stream the other day and the streamer said something that reminded me of Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man, so I watched it last night and I had forgotten how cool Harley/Mickey Rourke’s bike was

Not gonna fuck up an FXR to look like that [emoji23] but it got me thinking... I’ve seen a few older night trains at Harley dealerships for under 3-4k

Not like I can just magically afford it, but it’s another potential option if the day ever comes...

R13

The other asshole
The one on the new chassis is. The pro-street and the night train are a pretty comfy fit. I still look giant on them [emoji23]

I sat on that one like a year ago, but didn’t give it a thought because I was stuck on at least having the power of the 110.

94RS

No fucks given.
Aaaaannnnnddddd Indian failed with the production FTR's design....

They show this as a concept

And give this as a production bike....

94RS

No fucks given.
I didn’t see the Diavel in it before [emoji23] definitely looks like a Monster and Scrambler had a bastard child though.

Specs are saying it’s supposed to make 120HP and 85 TQ, although those are factory numbers.... Still rated higher than the XB. Doubt it can handle as well as one though though.

R13

The other asshole
You can see all the shit that they can’t/won’t put on a production bike... catless exhaust
I called it on them not doing the straight exhaust though [emoji23] I knew if it wasn’t because of the cat, it would be to avoid someone suing them because they got burnt on it.

94RS

No fucks given.
I find it pretty amusing that H-D put a flat track style seat on their “identity crisis” power cruiser (FXDR), but Indian didn’t put one on their “street version of the flat track race bike”...

R13

The other asshole
I don’t think I’ll ever understand wtf is happening to all the bike manufacturers. Shitty cheap looking design must be what sells these days.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, idk.

They wanna make a Sporty bike with a huge engine, but then they base it on the Softail. USD forks, but it’s at a stupid “cruiser” rake angle and still fairly low to the ground. Combine all that with forward controls, and you’ve got a recipe for “who wanted this?” [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
No one, no one wanted that shit [emoji23]

The Low Rider S was a huuuuuuge hit, in the 2 years they ran em, all but 2-3 were bought up before the end of their run. That’s what people want in a Harley. The classic Dyna/FXR style Harley. As cool as the pro-street breakout looked, it was awful [emoji23] those USD forks made the front end wayyyy too fucking heavy, and it just wasn’t very popular in general.

People just don’t want generic ass shit, but unfortunately all Harley’s are basically just Honda shadows now, duc’s are just more asian sportbikes now, all the Japanese companies have been so bland for so long now no one cares. Shit sucks.

94RS

No fucks given.
The most “Harley” thing H-D builds these days is the Sportster, and that’s had the same engine since the 80s. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, just shows how bulletproof those Evo engines are.

You can pick up a brand new Iron 883 for under 10k out the door though, not even counting whatever rebates they’ve got going on. Those Irons are the most common H-D I see around with the Sportster 48 being the second most common.