Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Hmm ideas ideas. Those all look really nice!

You'd advise against cafe because of the frame geometry?
Well, there’s that also... But it’s always a shame to see those bike’s frames chopped up to make what essentially looks like every other hipster bike. Leave that to the handlebar mustache having CB750 jerkoffs [emoji23]

I do think stock KZ’s are good looking bikes though. Two sub models are some of my favorite bikes of all time.

78-80 Z1R

82-83 KZ1000R and 84 1100R

Notice the pipe on the R. That Kerker was stock. It was the superbike replica that they won the 81-82 championships with.

The ELR is also the bike that Kawasaki modeled the ZRX after.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Haha! I feel you. Idk though, something about the cafe seat in particular just really draws me. I know cutting up a bike hurts some people but so did chopping up my Dakota and Civic fenders...I wouldn't do it right away though. First step is getting a bike.

I wouldn't cut up a bike though if I got a pristine one. My budget will put me in the beat up range anyway.

94RS

No fucks given.
Shit finally arrived after spending 9 days in customs.... figured I’d do a dry mock-up with the wheels [emoji23]

Forks with double shocks (way more rigid), StreetCub handlebar plate, straight handlebar

Debating on whether or not I’m gonna take the anodize off and polish it. Thoughts?

And then the +5cm (~1.9in) extended “triple box” aluminum swingarm and rearsets.

Still have tons more to get, but those are all the big things I can’t get in the US easily.... as seen by ordering from Malaysia (wheels) and Belgium [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
That’s why I’m debating it. Idk how well it’ll go with the color I wanna paint it though [emoji23]

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I like the anodized too at this point. Yay for honda colors lol. Excited to see the baller parts installed.

I put my feelers out on a CB750 that got dropped off at a shop with electrical issues. The shop owner is a good friend of one of my buddies. It has been sitting there awhile I guess and the owner lives out of state. I'm really hoping they are ready to get rid of that thing for next to nothing. I should hear back from the owner sometime soon.

94RS

No fucks given.
Still gonna be a while before I can install all that. I still need to get the bike blasted and painted, then buy a new engine, tires/tubes, leg shield, wiring harness and all the electrical shit. And I still have to take care of some Christmas shopping before all that happens [emoji23]

Good on the CB though. Nobody cares if those get chopped up [emoji23]

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I feel you man! Before you know it, it will be tax season though.

Hahaha, I have found that below the floating algae, instagram famous, surface layer of the cafe racer pond there is a deep dislike for CB's due to their popularity with hipsters and people who don't know much about bikes but like cafe racers.

94RS

No fucks given.
I told you it was a hipster bike [emoji23]

Idk how many douchenozzles I’ve seen take a good, near mint condition CB and take an angle grinder to the frame... it’s one thing if it’s a salvage bike, but if all the chrome is still good and it has the original 4-4 pipes? Leave it alone.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Agreed. I have no idea what condition this one is in besides the shop owner saying it is a "nice CB." If it is mint and I get it I'll just throw some clip ons and call it good for now. It is a shame to completely chop up mint cars/bikes/etc.