Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
I told you the XR was the bike for you... quit dicking around like you don’t want it and just give in to it [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I’m gonna hate myself for not getting a dyna, but all the rest of the options are shit. I don’t want an 88ci that’s slower than my 200hp mustang and that’s the only decent dyna with a 103. The rest are all still 88’s.

Nobody likes the XR besides you, ryan’s ricer ass, and my gf’s gay bosses [emoji23] Everybody else is telling me dyna [emoji849]

And no one is saying sporty because they think it’s too small for me, except my gf, and that’s because she sat on the orange one too and wants it for herself even though she can’t even ride [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Oh, so you mean your car/bike friends that have known you for years are the ones telling you to get something that’s like a sportbike? Noooo.... [emoji23]

I suggested the XR because you know how highly I think of my Buell. If parts were readily available for those bikes, I’d suggest that, and I’m sure you’d jump right on it considering you can get low mileage XB12’s for under $4k... But considering your usual lack of funds, I went with its cousin [emoji23]

Even looking on the parts section of HD’s main website, the first part on the list is the fully adjustable suspension kit from the even more rare XR1200X for about $1500 direct. Also ran the part number through New-Castle HD’s (place I ordered a ton of parts from) website and it’s under $1300 from them.

That should pretty much tell you all you need to know about just how readily available parts are for those things [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I’m hoping not to buy parts for it besides bars and a headlight fairing [emoji23]

But we’ll see. I still want that fxdx above all and it’s not sold yet.

94RS

No fucks given.
That’s a “once you want to actually mod it” part for an example. You know damn well what I meant [emoji23]

Still technically a Sportster, so shit will be super easy to get IF you need it.

R13

The other asshole
I’m starting to realize my dare to be different personality, and my decision to buy a Harley is redundant, and futile [emoji23]

I might buy the XR solely based on the fact that I don’t really ever have to worry about seeing someone with the same bike anywhere [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
In total, combining XR1200 and XR1200X models, and including test and special production bikes produced through the end of the 2013 model year:

10706 XR Sportsters have been manufactured in total.
These came in both the initial XR1200, and the enhanced XR1200X models.

Of the XR Sportsters built from 2008 through 2013,

• 6580 are XR1200's and
  • 4126 are XR1200X's

In terms of geography:

• 3587 XR's have been produced for the U.S. markets, and
  • 6932 XR's for the "international" markets. and
  • 187 XR1200X Brazil bikes were assembled in Brazil in the final 2013 year of production.

You and me have the same hipster outlook on bikes that Erik does lol

94RS

No fucks given.
To put those XR production numbers in perspective, 3587 came to the US. In 2003 alone, there were about 6300 Firebolts built.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah that’d pretty much guarantee I’d never see another one out on the road [emoji23]

But then again, if I had a dyna setup the way I want the chances of me seeing a west coast club style dyna in east tn or anywhere near here is pretty much non-existent too, apart from the couple of mostly stock fxdls’s riding around... these hicks would be confused as fuck looking at my pogo stick bars.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah that’d pretty much guarantee I’d never see another one out on the road [emoji23]

But then again, if I had a dyna setup the way I want the chances of me seeing a west coast club style dyna in east tn or anywhere near here is pretty much non-existent too, apart from the couple of mostly stock fxdls’s riding around... these hicks would be confused as fuck looking at my pogo stick bars.
This goes back to hoping one with something that’s taken care of and has an engine bigger than an 88” pops up for the right price, then spending even more money to get it to where you want...

That’s fine if you have a source of income, buuuuuuuuuuuut [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Y’know... if everything else was right... I’d take an 88 [emoji23]

But on top of the 6k for the bike, I’ve got $500 set aside for the bars and fairing, and I e got two utility trailer frames to restore and sell when warm weather comes around, 2 junk cars, a bunch of riding lawn mowers... basically all the shit that needs cleaning out of my grandfather’s house... it’s my job to get rid of it, and the profits are mine.

And after that’s all done... the next chapter of my life starts. I’ve stayed so busy all this time taking care of things at home and for my grandfather, now that his mind’s gone he’s under professional care for the rest of his days, which means my ass can at least work part time.

R13

The other asshole
Nope. The moodiness and restlessness of the prednisone wore off, and I realized I have no desire to have anything but a dyna [emoji23]

So now it’s just a matter of time.

94RS

No fucks given.
Here comes Ty to shit on your purchase....

you could’ve gotten a solid Airmada, which is also pinlock, for $180 (or rubatone for 190) and a reflective gold shield for $45 [emoji23]