Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
We’ve been calling it Scary Terry, or Scary for short [emoji23]

Just saw this on IG... crf450r sumo vs xrr

94RS

No fucks given.
Alright, I’ll bite... where the fuck did Scary Terry come from? [emoji23]

That CRF still looks big... Guarantee the XB would look like the C70 next to the XR [emoji1787]

Ancient pic... weird that I’ve had that fucker nearly 3 years next month, the C70 almost 5 years.

R13

The other asshole

Doing some cleaning/removing the exhaust and prepping for paint before the HRC tip comes in. Found out my rear wheel is real fucked up [emoji23] more than a few loose spokes, bearings and chain-side spacer is trashed. Nothing too awful though, I’d rather mess with maintenance neglect issues than shit someone’s messed with and fucked up worse.

R13

The other asshole
A hack job [emoji23] The bracket isn’t even wide enough for a fucking plate, unless you turn it sideways and I’m not doing that stupid shit.

It’s gonna get replaced with an undertail piece, something like one of these two. I’m undecided if I want the extra “fender” the black one adds

R13

The other asshole
What tool should I use/how should I go about polishing Chungus’s rims?

Like many early 2000’s bikes, the rims are just raw unpolished aluminum.

94RS

No fucks given.
Rims, I’d pickup this and test them out to see which one works best. Each one is a different stiffness like detailing pads, but they’re the closest to the Mothers Powercone without spending $30 on a single piece [emoji23]

Also remember to use the vanilla polishing water [emoji1787]

Since we’re on the subject, might I suggest either red or black spoke wraps? Maybe both? Dirt cheap mod and would probably look pretty good with the polished lips.

Would definitely save a ton of polishing work [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
[emoji108]

Not too fond of it, at least not on Chungus. Being that I was into bikes in those days and had Honda’s, I wanna keep everything (mostly) period correct aside from enduro/luxuries like the trail tech, and upgraded lighting, which I wanna keep a simple look with. The idea for him is a more realistic Baja look, the look most of them had instead of the massive round lights and excessively crazy graphics and baller parts.

The black rims I may do in the future, but I might also just save that for the supermoto wheels, because I’ve decided at some point I want some black/gold sumo wheels for it.

That last pic you posted does make me wanna do the black and red alternating look on Scary though

94RS

No fucks given.
So are you gonna try to find some 00-01 plastics with the graphics, or just something simple from someone like Factory Effex?

Also if you plan on polishing the spokes, then you’ll need some microfiber applicators. You don’t wanna fuck up the balance(?) of the wheels even more than they already are.

R13

The other asshole
Once I have time to sit down and design them, and have about $150-$200 to blow I’m gonna have a local vinyl shop or a custom mx graphics company make them.

I’m gonna have to true the rear wheel (and probably the front too) when I tighten the loose spokes so balance isn’t an issue. Just use jack stands to make a jig and get to work. Polishing the spokes with a towel would probably be easier though [emoji533][emoji112]

94RS

No fucks given.
Looks like FX already makes them [emoji23]

That’s assuming this is the set I think you’re talking about

R13

The other asshole
For the tank shrouds I want something pretty close to this, with some minor adjustments made.

Keep in mind there’s the almost 90s looking 00-01’s, the 02 has the faint body changes like the narrower rear fender that went to 2007, so I’m gonna go for more of a later XR look graphics wise.

Mainly because red and yellow are a nono for me [emoji23]

I still want the big bold wings, but with a slightly more modern edge, and with white letters instead of yellow or silver.