Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Didn’t see any of this shit the past few days... thanks iOS [emoji58]

I told you that camera was gonna be shit though. Should probably get your money back and get a Yi or something. Also still need to get one of those helmet Bluetooth things like I have.

Besides those rims needing new spokes, is chungus pretty much done or...? Side note, Tusk is the company that makes the wiring kit I was gonna use for signals/controls/lights on the C70, so good to see that first impressions of their shit is decent quality [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Tusk makes a lot of dirt bike specialty tools and general stuff, no website though which is weird. To my knowledge most of their stuff is made in Taiwan, but Taiwan being a small country most of their stuff is good quality since they can’t mass produce.

The Yi probably isn’t any better. That’s just what you get when you try to cheap out on an action camera. GoPro’s are expensive because they’re built to last. I think this one will do for a little bit though. It seems to work smoothly and reliably, it just isn’t built out of as durable materials as my old hero2

And Chungus you could say was done when I changed the tires. I’ve been riding it quite a bit, I put 50 miles on it in one afternoon in the woods a few days ago, I’ve just decided to deck it out and buy more shiny parts to fine tune it when I take a notion. Eventually I’m gonna get some pastrana fmx bars so I can stand up more comfortably, and from there it’s just whatever I decide would make it better.

I tore down the front wheel just a few minutes ago, I’m about to start lacing up the new rim. Probably won’t make the rear tonight by the time I lace the front, true it, and mount the tire. I probably won’t post pics until the rims, graphics, and fork boots are on.

R13

The other asshole
Alright so I think I see the flaw in the tusk’s now. Quality is pretty well on par with the big guys all except the roundness. Took me a hot fucking minute to true up the front rim, granted I used the old original spokes, but after about 3-4 hours I got it within .030” lateral/radial runout. Wish it was more like 0.10” but I think I can live with it.

^and of course I pinched my fucking tube putting that never mounted hard compound tire on...

The novus kit also does fuck all on this type of plastic, but I found with the pads I ordered that it REALLY likes dry buffing with a wool pad, so... looks like a thorough wet sanding and dry buff it is.

Do not look forward to doing this rear rim. I’m gonna be livid if I pinch another tube, can’t get it as true as it needs to be, or I saw one guy say the spoke pattern is different and these wheels don’t actually work on XR’s... side by side it looks the same, god help me if it isn’t.

Done anymore to your shit?

94RS

No fucks given.
Tusk makes a lot of dirt bike specialty tools and general stuff, no website though which is weird. To my knowledge most of their stuff is made in Taiwan, but Taiwan being a small country most of their stuff is good quality since they can’t mass produce.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Tusk is Rocky Mtn's in-house brand... Their website consists of a link to become a dealer and another to buy their shit from Rocky Mtn. That's it lol

The novus kit also does fuck all on this type of plastic, but I found with the pads I ordered that it REALLY likes dry buffing with a wool pad, so... looks like a thorough wet sanding and dry buff it is.

Do not look forward to doing this rear rim. I’m gonna be livid if I pinch another tube, can’t get it as true as it needs to be, or I saw one guy say the spoke pattern is different and these wheels don’t actually work on XR’s... side by side it looks the same, god help me if it isn’t.

Done anymore to your shit?

Did you go 1-3-2-1 with that Novus polish? I know you're an impatient fuck, but you gotta take your time with it and do multiple coats of the 3 and 2, 1 is just to prep and clean it back up.

But nah, I haven't done shit to the C70 since I put everything on. My wheels still haven't shipped and it's been like 3 weeks. Can't buy shit else for it since I've gotta save money because apparently the plating shop got sold. New owners haven't come in yet, but everyone is being secretive as fuck and nobody knows if me and my dad will have a job since we technically don't work for them, although we're the only ones that deliver for them..... So ya know, save while I can just in case something does happen.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah my guess is it’s just too soft/flexible for that kind of polish. I spent like 20-30 minutes on a small little area barely bigger than the pad and you couldn’t tell a difference whatsoever. 2-3 minute of dry buffing and the areas that didn’t have deep scratches were factory glossy.

I’ve got plenty of acrylic and shit to use that stuff on though. I might even restore some headlights with it.

Don’t ya just love that secretive ass bullshit?

R13

The other asshole
And this is what an XR will do to an aluminum sprocket with a rider who isn’t afraid to use it’s full power:

That wasn’t like that when I put on the dual sports...

R13

The other asshole
That’s just precisely why I don’t run aluminum sprockets, I don’t ride like a pussy enough for them [emoji23]

I’ll run this one a bit longer or until it breaks a tooth and I’ll order a steel set. I wanna go from a 15T to a 14T in the front anyway.

94RS

No fucks given.

Smallest god damn bikes on the road, biggest number of squids. And this shit happened on the bridge I drive over every morning to pickup my boss.

R13

The other asshole
Making and marketing “small, fun bikes for everyone” is a stupid ass idea, just like how here in America sport bikes are a status symbol, not race machines. Just attracts a bunch of fucking noon ass pretenders who get hurt and give bikes a bad name.

94RS

No fucks given.
Holy shit, it’s actually looking complete. I thought FX didn’t make kits for the XRR?

R13

The other asshole
Turns out you have to call them, but since they did at one point, they still have the cutouts so they still make an XR version of most of their designs.

R13

The other asshole
Very little, it’s an acceptable amount [emoji23]

Plus I figured since I really only have HRC, protaper, and cycra as big name parts... the hrc livery was the only way to go.