Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Only thing about the iron is power. Comparable to a ninja 250/300.

If they would just give the iron a factory 1200 option that didn’t cost more than 2k extra it’d be more popular.

The Roadster is a good option though, I’m surprised you don’t see a bunch of those.

94RS

No fucks given.

I don’t get why they call it an Iron when they add apes and a headlight fairing though [emoji23] An Iron is supposed to be a basic, bare platform for you to mod.

As for the “underpowered” thing, everything is interchangeable with 1200 parts. If you really wanted to, you could find low mileage stock 1200 jugs from someone that went big bore for cheap and damn near double your power.

Besides actual power, I’m pretty sure the 883 has a shorter primary drive, so a 1200 converted 883 would feel more torquey than a standard 1200. Same idea behind people swapping XB9 primaries onto their XB12.

R13

The other asshole
Forgot about that [emoji23]

Yeah I saw a ton of people making fun of headlight fairings on sportsters when that was announced, and to be fair, it looks silly with the peanut tank.

Another turn off (aside from the apes) is the color. The biggest appeal of the iron was the murdered out flat black look. I’d rather it be gloss, but the dark look was a big part of the appeal because it still looked tough for a sportster.

94RS

No fucks given.
I agree with the flat black part. The retro paint should have been on the Roadster rather than the Iron. If you look at the 883 on H-D’s site, it has 6 color choices. All of them are satin/flat colors....

The silver flux/black fuse looks pretty good with that scallop underlining the orange badge.

Oh, and this is why the Iron’s tank decals should’ve been on the Roadster... it’s an Iron. Notice how there’s no fairing or apes [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
I guess Suzuki is bringing back the Katana with a retro design.

The frame is supposed to be based on the GSX-S and it’s gonna use the K5 GSX-R 1000 engine.

Looks like a pretty good modern interpretation of the old bike.

R13

The other asshole
The problem is, if it’s not dirt cheap, no one will want it [emoji23]

The katana doesn’t exactly have a great name since this piece of shit

94RS

No fucks given.
As big and ugly as those 90s-early 00s Katanas were, I’ve never actually heard of them being “bad” bikes. Not a superbike by any means, but a comfy sport touring bike.

The 80s Katanas were the superbike did the day. Pretty sure they ran alongside the KZ1000 when those were racing.

R13

The other asshole
They’re just known as douche bikes here, because every hick douche in the early 2000s had one.

They might do pretty good being 1000s, the z1000 did pretty okay.

94RS

No fucks given.
So picked up my wheels from the post office today. The red is painted on there, but I’ve got a few ideas that can make it work with the rest of the bike.

And I just realized about 20mins ago that these wheels are the exact same design as the 2019 Cub....

Weird, because the 2019 Cub wasn’t announced til this July, yet I seen the wheels I bought online last year right after I got the Cobalt.... Honda is stealing designs [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I’ve got the keys to a sporty, and permission to ride it... just waiting for a dry day because it has shitty tires on it