Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Seems like that’s my life anymore... I’m giving up dreaming, and just becoming painfully realistic with myself [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
That’s what happens when you can’t find more than part time retail, you find someone you really care about, but things aren’t perfect in the worst way (for me [emoji23]), everything is just mediocre and getting worse by the day.

Grandfather is at the hospital right now getting evaluated... called the cops over imaginary people in his house, grown men sleeping in laundry baskets and shit... they called us and took him... crazy fuck [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Typical [emoji23]

Wish I could buy this too...

Remove the bags and the back rest, headlight fairing, chin fairing, T-bars, maybe new pipes...

Even though the fxdx is carbed... shit is right on the side of the motor, so if it had issues it’s not like it would be hard to work on.

Also... being an early twin cam/evo before they changed the ignition for the fuel injection... you can buy kickstart kits for them... in case the starter motor dies or your battery is shit [emoji23]

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Fellas, it's been awhile buy I have the serious itch to get a 70s sport bike (mild cafe racer build) and Kurt reminded me this thread existed.

So what are your guys' takes on the 70s/early 80s kz, cb, gs debate? If you have opinions on yamahas I wouldnt mind hearing them as well.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Also... being an early twin cam/evo before they changed the ignition for the fuel injection... you can buy kickstart kits for them... in case the starter motor dies or your battery is shit [emoji
Kickstarts are just ba anyway and a free workout

R13

The other asshole
Ahh back to our roots... isn’t it funny that we became friends after you met me and found out what a freak of nature I am, rather than here? [emoji23]

Your everlasting knowledge of “old shit” is required [emoji23]

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Ahh back to our roots... isn’t it funny that we became friends after you met me and found out what a freak of nature I am, rather than here? [emoji23]

Your everlasting knowledge of “old shit” is required [emoji23]
Lol, I'm glad I remember you lived somewhere in the hillbilly part of the world and to hit you up when I moved out here.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I still have my old riding boots with chunks taken out of the sole from kickstarting my old XR650R [emoji23] Loved watching other people try to start that thing, then doing it in one kick lol
Legs of steel. I bet your legs were bursting out of your black skinnies when you owned it

94RS

No fucks given.
Fellas, it's been awhile buy I have the serious itch to get a 70s sport bike (mild cafe racer build) and Kurt reminded me this thread existed.

So what are your guys' takes on the 70s/early 80s kz, cb, gs debate? If you have opinions on yamahas I wouldnt mind hearing them as well.
KZ1000’s are always gonna be my “go to” old bike. They’re damn good bikes and parts are fucking everywhere since they made them (in police form) until 2005.

Plus, just listen to the sound of them with a Kerker.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Thanks for the reply man. That thing does does sound so good .

I'll look for one. They dont seem to be very popular here in redneckville. I'm pretty sure everyone here rides a Harley or nothing lol.

R13

The other asshole
Legs of steel. I bet your legs were bursting out of your black skinnies when you owned it
I’ve got genetically ridiculously muscular legs [emoji23] I’ve been going to the gym with my gf lately and all of the leg machines I’m maxing out at like 315-425lbs, but I’ve never done leg stuff before.

Body weight is a big help though, keep your kickstart leg planted and kinda hop up off the peg with your left leg, then just body slam the kickstarter, that’ll usually do it... just get your foot clear Incase it kicks back or it’ll break your ankle [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Thanks for the reply man. That thing does does sound so good .

I'll look for one. They dont seem to be very popular here in redneckville. I'm pretty sure everyone here rides a Harley or nothing lol.
Pretty much any of the KZ fours. 550/650/750/1000/1100.... Z1 enterprises sells tons of parts for them. I’d advise against doing a cafe bike out of a KZ though.

Pretty much the things to do to them are either old school dragbike style, lowered and stretched

Or swap on modern forks/wheels/swingarm/brakes and go neo-retro superbike style