Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Well Chungus is half apart waiting on wheel bearings and spacers, and scary needs the muffler repacked and rejetting before anything else.

I’ll work on them soon, I’ve almost got my upstairs bedroom cleared out for my gf. Just have to carpet the stairs, and shape the handrails out of the 2x2’s I bought.

Also this:

Is deceptively glossy

So when it cures out I’ll have to scuff it back up and get a more matte paint because that looks like a cheap ass gloss black spray paint.

It doesn’t look super glossy in the pic, but it’s about twice as glossy as the cap.

R13

The other asshole
Might be slightly less glossy if it was baked in an oven, but I don’t have an oven that fucking big [emoji23] even if it toned down some it’s still way too glossy though.

They make another semi gloss and a matte, I’ll probably just buy the matte because I’m sure it’ll be slightly more semi gloss than just a straight up rough matte. The factory coating is just a ceramic matte, I just wanted to freshen it up because it was turning grey and had a bunch of scratches in it after 17 years.

I also just realized I got a slight run in the tip so it’s definitely getting redone.

R13

The other asshole
Muffler came out real good (ignore the dusty fingerprints

Now if I can just get this cocksucking wheel bearing out... tried for an hour with the tools I have, couldn’t catch the lip good enough to knock it out. I’m gonna take it up to the shop and see if I can find a better punch, or use a grinder to make one, or maybe use the press. The inner collar is free, but it barely has any wiggle room so I can’t get shit to bang on, just a tiny little lip.

R13

The other asshole
The right tools make all the difference.

A big punch ground flat on a bench grinder, and a big 20lb aluminum head hammer took it out in 10 minutes.

No more wobbly wheel... and that HRC tip is fucking loud [emoji23]

Also I used the two finger tighten method on all the loose spokes and used the axle and jack stands to make a trueing jig, she’s straight as can be. Only way it could be better is if I used a dial indicator to perfect it.

Next up: Jetting. Idk when I’ll actually get around to it. Probably next week.

94RS

No fucks given.
Nah, good to actually see you’ve got some shit that you don’t dread owning like the F4. We both know I’ve posted enough about the Buell over the past three years to fill up a thread by itself [emoji23]

I think this weekend I’m gonna start tearing down the C70 and test fit the stuff I bought for it to see how it’ll look.

94RS

No fucks given.
^^^ plus my fucking phone hasn’t been sending me notifications about anything.... and then they come all at once.

R13

The other asshole
Mine has been doing good since I got crapatalk pro. It was doing that shit before.

And about fucking time [emoji23]

While I’m pulling the carb to rejet and install the unrestricted boot I’m gonna pull the header and repaint it too, and since that requires popping off the radiators that’s a perfect time for a coolant flush, which it needs because it looks contaminated.

94RS

No fucks given.
You know shit like this takes time and money.... I’ve got plenty of time, not so much money. Doesn’t help that 90% of the parts I need have to be imported from places that barely speak English [emoji1787]

I still need to order a shit ton of parts from Thailand, get the engine, then the frame blasted and painted. I’m shooting for around my birthday to have everything completed, but we’ll see.

R13

The other asshole
I’ve just been waiting on you to get started forever lol

At least strip it down and do what you can. Put all the shit in a single box/tote so it doesn’t disappear.

94RS

No fucks given.
Majority of the parts that are being taken off are being replaced with brand new shit, most nuts/bolts/washers included. This is what’s gonna take forever, I’m basically gonna start with a bare frame [emoji23]

I believe the biggest pain in the ass will be the gas tank. USDM 80-81 bikes were a tank in the frame with a cover on top while 82-83 bikes were one piece. My bike is 81, so naturally the tank is discontinued while the 82-83 tanks are still being made.... And I have no idea if the interchange or not. I’m dreading having the clean out and re-line the one in the bike.

R13

The other asshole
Things like that are just make me appreciate dirt bikes and their plastic tanks that much more. No rust, no bullshit. If it gets dirty just clean it out with kerosene or 110+ race gas.

XR’s and their notorious crooked rear fenders [emoji23] I think mine has just been flexed to far though instead of it being the classic factory crooked subframe.