Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Fired up Chungus for shit sandwich biker boy, he was speechless lol. He just stood there staring at it for 10 minutes after I turned it off [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Well... I woke up late as fuck today sore as shit from work, and it's supposed to be like 90% chance of rain tomorrow. Yay. Guess I'll have to start this shit after early work days like I used to do with the Integra and KZ.

I thought shit sandwich owner was in jail or something?

R13

The other asshole
Nah, he’s just an idiot. Probably won’t see him again because he started some moocher bullshit and I lit him up for it [emoji23]

I just enjoy making Harley people have second thoughts about how manly their bikes really are in comparison to the XR’s [emoji1787]

R13

The other asshole
Wanted me to haul off that junky eclipse at my grandfather’s and split the money with him... just straight up out of the blue

And by pulling it with my truck and a chain... on public roads...

Did I mention the main reason it got parked is because the brakes don’t work and the locknuts were broken on the wheels so we couldn’t even fix it?

94RS

No fucks given.
I had something like that on the chuckus before I lowered it... it was shit, but the plate lined up [emoji23]

Your fender is bent anyway, have you looked into replacing it with something like the UFO fender comes wired for a brake/running light?

R13

The other asshole
Nah. When I got time I’m gonna use some heat tricks to try to straighten it, and modify the stock running light to be a functioning brake light, then I’ll probably just make/buy a plate bracket and mount it under the fender.

If I can’t fix this fender an oem one is $60-$75, about the same as the UFO, and since part of the rear fender keeps water out of the airbox I wanna stick with oem naturally.

When I actually go tag Chungus and start riding it on the street it needs a lighting/electrical overhaul. I may just get the Baja designs kit, and modify it over time just for how simple it is to install and gives me a battery, relays for turn signals, etc.

Before all that though I need to figure out the best way to add a key/kill switch to it. I may just use an ignition interrupter style, but that’s just way too easy to cut and Hotwire unless I sleeve the wires with braided steel.

If you’re wondering why I need to do that, XRR’s, like most race bikes don’t have key switches, just the stop button [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, I figured those followed the dirt bike logic by not having a key [emoji23]

Why not just get the Baja key switch that mounts to the bar clamp, same one that comes in the dual sport kit. It’s like $30 by itself

R13

The other asshole
All Honda trail bikes have a key

That one’s kinda pointless because it just replaces the killswitch. You could just cut the wires to break the connection and it would start. Still might get one as an extra deterrent, but I need something clever.

Or just mount it on the side and have all the wiring under the seat so you can’t get to it to cut it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Check wiring diagrams to see where the kill switch wires lead. Guessing the cdi. Tap into it farther down the harness so you have both key and kill switches and hide the key switch somewhere under the bodywork.

Idk, I’m just tossing around ideas [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Definitely intend to keep the thumb button killswitch. Never know with a carbed bike when the throttle might stick, the XR has a push/pull cable to force it closed, but those can fail. The one on my old one hung up on me once because the cables had never been lubed. The hidden key switch/wires though is a must. May not be fool proof, but if they at least can’t get to it to bypass it that’s a good start.

Also need to get disc locks, but that’s not a mod so no one cares [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole

Hopefully these bastards don’t just bend/break like some of the reviews suggested they tend to do.

R13

The other asshole
Nah, just swapping off Chungus’ sand/mud kenda Ibex’s for the hard compound scorpion MX’s because what few times I have ridden on the kenda’s in regular dirt it’s eating them up, they still had the tiny new tire nipples on them when I got him.

I have 3 sets of tires including the kenda’s that are on him.