Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole

All of those old motorworks/toy zone models that I had were at least a foot long. The WWII plane I had was like 3ft long. Cool as shit. Walmart had some cool ass toys back in the day

R13

The other asshole

Fixed the loose valve. Turns out the peep hole in the stator cover isn’t good enough to rotate it to TDC because if it rolls back any at all the autodecomp doesn’t disengage so I had one valve real loose. Popped the stator cover, rotated the engine by the flywheel, fixed it.

Also put an LED bulb in the taillight.

Still has a bit of a hiccup when you crack the throttle. I can adjust the idle air screw and fix it, but I shouldn’t have to adjust it every time it’s 10~ degrees colder/warmer outside. Might have to get a bucket of carb dip and get aggressive with the cleaning.

Otherwise it fires up strong and goes straight to idling. Sounds good now, no ticks, and it’s firing super consistently (thumpers generally miss a beat periodically, more so as they get older)

R13

The other asshole
Attempted to change tires, got the front... the rear is too damn strong to pop off with tire spoons... I’ll just take the rear wheel to a shop tomorrow and see about getting them switched out. Damn near ruined my left shoulder again tryna get that bastard off [emoji23]

Decided to go with the dual sports because A. It’s raining so god damn much trail riding is damn near out of the question.
B. I’m still fine tuning everything so it’s seeing asphalt more than dirt.
C. If I do ride it off-road they’ll throw less mud/smaller chunks which keeps cleanup easier.

One thing at a time. Next big thing on the list once I’ve ridden it some more is pulling the clutch out and looking at the disc/basket wear. If the clutch looks good I’ll probably buy the HD spring kit just to be sure it has them since it is now fully uncorked.

94RS

No fucks given.
Oh hey... Tapatalk gets fixed and doesn’t notify me of new bike shit. Go fucking figure.

I have that same Trail Tech sitting in my closet from the chuckus. What’s the problem with it?

R13

The other asshole
The OG endurance? I thought you got a vapor?

The only thing with the speedo was the pickup magnet mounting... I just have it straight up ziptied to the fork now and it’s reading pretty damn close. It reads 1-3mph over actual speed according to my gps... and since I got tagged at 85mph in VA and it was reading 85, I trust it [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.

If I’m remembering right, you hold all three buttons for a few seconds til a menu pops up with a few options and you can set the tire size. I had my phone’s gps out at the time and adjusted the Trail Tech little by little til it matched up with what the phone was reading.

Can also reset that maintenance light (wrench).

R13

The other asshole
Ah you got the endurance II, if I didn’t want the striker for the coolant temp I’d see if you wanted to sell it, but my plan is to get a striker for Chungus, and put the endurance on Scary.

Yeah I already measured out the wheel size and set it, but I do need to turn off the wrench, didn’t know that’s what it was.

Also have to get a rear tube, I had my suspicions that the soap was drying too fast... it did, it was flat the next day and won’t hold air [emoji23] Tempted to use straight up water based lube next time around.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, I did the whole “measure the wheel” thing and it was still fucking wrong, so I did the gps method mentioned above [emoji23]

The maintenance thing, I think you can set it up to pop up at certain increments (X mileage) as a reminder, but it’s been like 5-6 years... so don’t hold me to that.

Could always just get a Trail Tech TTO temp gauge instead of the Striker if you wanna save a little money.

R13

The other asshole
That I thought about, but honestly I’ll probably just do that for Scary. Idk if you saw it, but my endurance is missing the plastic protective screen, stick or something hits that it’s done [emoji23] but it’ll be fine on Scary, and since I’m planning to run more/bigger lights on Chungus I’d also like to have the volt meter the striker has just to read my stator output.

But I’m also debating on saving for the[/]guitar... the one that I’ve sought after my whole life, so I might not buy any of that shit [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I’m already halfway there.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, I was wondering why it didn't have the "Endurance 2" nameplate on it. Makes sense though... moisture even got into mine at one point. Fuckers should have sealed them better.

Also, the Endurance 1 looked completely different.

R13

The other asshole
Well fuck... I never looked that far into it. Maybe moisture is why someone ripped chungus’s out [emoji23]

Still need to order that plastic polish and pads and shit...

R13

The other asshole
Gloves I wanted went on closeout and I didn’t even notice. Wanted the black/red/white ones, but at least these match my hand guards. This was the last pair the bike shop had in XL.