Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Jacket kinda changed that opinion [emoji23]

Do I still think it’s pompous rich kid shit? Kinda [emoji23]

But the jacket was free, and the gloves are good quality, so it’s hard to beat.

R13

The other asshole
If the old man dies tomorrow, at least he got to enjoy Chungus these last 2 days. He always wanted to see me ride, and he always wanted to see if I could handle something as mean as the race cars he drove, after I stopped he chuckled, teared up a bit, and said “if I had something like that in my day I’d be in the hospital as soon as I got on it”

I brought it over yesterday and fired it up for him, he grinned real big and said “it sounds like a meeeean bastard” [emoji23]

Maybe in another life we’ll get to run baja and do all kinds of crazy shit together.

94RS

No fucks given.
Jesus.... as big as that fucking monster of a bike is, you still make it look it’s the size of an XR100 [emoji23]

Anyway, go fucking figure I try to ride the Buell earlier and find this fucking chewed up drill bit in the rear tire....

(Ferd key for size reference)

94RS

No fucks given.
In other news, I got sick of fucking with my wheels this past weekend. Aircraft remover didn't get the paint off, only made it gummy and latex-like after it dried, sandblasting didn't do shit either. Finally just said fuck it and ordered another set. This time with the single stripe lol

Also can't figure out which fucking engine to get. I keep going back and forth between the 140 and 190. Both electric start, both oil cooled. The 140 makes around 12-13hp and is a semi-auto 4-speed, which would bring back the bike's .... The 190 has a 5-speed gearbox and makes around 20whp. I keep second guessing the 190 due to the C70 only having drum brakes, which was sketchy enough with the 125 in there. Thoughts?

R13

The other asshole
Jesus.... as big as that fucking monster of a bike is, you still make it look it’s the size of an XR100 [emoji23]
And my knee’s still slightly bent on the side my foot’s down on [emoji23]

In other news, I got sick of fucking with my wheels this past weekend. Aircraft remover didn't get the paint off, only made it gummy and latex-like after it dried, sandblasting didn't do shit either. Finally just said fuck it and ordered another set. This time with the single stripe lol

Also can't figure out which fucking engine to get. I keep going back and forth between the 140 and 190. Both electric start, both oil cooled. The 140 makes around 12-13hp and is a semi-auto 4-speed, which would bring back the bike's .... The 190 has a 5-speed gearbox and makes around 20whp. I keep second guessing the 190 due to the C70 only having drum brakes, which was sketchy enough with the 125 in there. Thoughts?

That’s fucking weird sandblasting didn’t work... I’ve removed all kinds of tough shit with my $20 HF gun and filtered out play sand. It doesn’t really do great though unless you run it at 130psi

190 for sure. More power true (first time I’ve ever said more power like it’s a bad thing [emoji23]) but much better engine braking, and the power will still get used once in awhile... hell Chungus probably puts down 55-60bhp and I’d still happily take another 15-25 [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
I’m sure it’s the torque of the XB that you want on the XR’s [emoji23] More power is only bad on the C70 because the brakes were designed to stop it at a max of 35-40mph, not 70+[emoji23]

With how the brake rod is maxed out due to the rearsets, I’ll definitely need to get the Dime City brake rod-cable conversion kit.

R13

The other asshole
I might put the stage 2 cam in Chungus some day for extra grunt, but it’s by no means something to scoff at. I got into it real hard in 3rd the other day with my rear tire at 25psi (I usually run 15-20 on dirt bikes, but it was high because I was setting the bead from changing my tube) and it broke traction on asphalt like I was in mud, went from about 30 to 67mph damn near faster than I could fucking blink [emoji23]

Couldn’t you just shorten the rod and cut more threads? Or did you mean it’s almost too short?

R13

The other asshole
I see it in the pic now. Should be able to cut some new threads (use the pre-existing threads for a guide) then shorten it as needed.

Leave the die on it so you can back it off and fix the tip of the threads from the cut.

94RS

No fucks given.
That rod is fucked anyway. I had both the wheels off at one point like a year or two ago and set the bike down in my shed, completely forgetting the rod even existed. It bent into a U shape, and I tried to bend it back as best as I could... Check the pic where the rim and tire meet.

The brake pedal does fucking nothing how it's currently setup, it was more just to see if any of the shit I bought would actually fit together. The brake arm on the drum is flipped backwards and at too steep of an angle to actually make the brake shoes catch. I even tried inverting the brake arm (upwards) when I was test fitting everything, and the rod kept hitting the damn shock, so how it's shown is the only way I was able to make what I had work.... which leads me to the cable conversion that should tighten everything up pretty easily and let me run the arm in the proper position.

R13

The other asshole
Still collecting dust [emoji23] I’m hoping to start on it fairly soon though. Chungus is at a place now where it’s just R&D from here on aside from the clutch which I’ll check soon.

First thing on the list is pulling the rocker assembly and checking the timing, then valve adjustment, and carb tuning. Hoping I can get it running smooth and consistent like Chungus with that, if I do then I’m gonna dive deeper, pull the cylinder and check the rod bearings/cylinder wall, then the clutch, and once that’s all squared away then I’ll start on the cosmetics.

I’m waiting on a guy to message me pics of a seat cover when he gets home Saturday, from the ad it looks like an oem red/black one like Chungus has for $30, right now I don’t even like sitting on Scary because of that ghetto ass rock hard homemade cover on it

R13

The other asshole

Snagged some oem fork boots to replace Chungus’s because they’re destroyed, figured I’d give that GoPro knockoff a try since I’m planning on hitting up a motor sports park once the truck’s back up and going.

R13

The other asshole

GoPro knockoff is... well the video quality seems good, rest of it is kinda shit [emoji23]

Scary will be going under soon. Plan is to pull the head to check cylinder/valve seats/timing, then the clutch discs/baskets/bushing, repack the muffler, rejet the carb, and see if it’s gonna run better. Seeing as Chungus runs 100% better after a simple valve adjustment/rejet I’m hoping I’ll luck out and have the same results.

R13

The other asshole

Ordered graphics, and rims for Chungus. Went with Tusk impact rims because they use the stock size spokes, I could’ve drilled the hubs to accept oversized, but I’d rather have a spoke fail than the hub itself. All research I did showed that everyone who had actually run and abused them spoke highly of them. First impressions are good, they’re thicker than stock, and the anodizing looks nice. Hopefully it’s pretty scratch resistant.

Also ordered drill pads and the novus kit so I can do some restoration work before applying the graphics.