Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Which is even more ironic since my first bike was a ‘69 mini trail 50 [emoji23]

You should be proud of this: As much as I’ve talked about my shitty garage and it needing improvement, last few days I made a big mark in it.

That was the shitty homemade tables that have been there since we bought the house 15 years ago, after I cleaned a truck load of shit off of them.

Don’t ask why Chungus has the bird beak, turns out the full size fender is a CRF fender and it was gonna tear my new fork boots so I’m running that shit until I can buy a new actual XR fender that doesn’t rub.

Never took pics of the finished table or the second coat of paint for some reason...

Still not finished which is why I’m not showing all of it (Still have some more drywall for the ceiling, and lighting to take care of) but this is just the last 2 days progress.

Went looking for a Honda red at Home Depot... closest color sample ended up being “100mph red” so I had to go with that [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Since replacement XR fenders are $40+ I decided to trim up the CRF fender and bend up a reinforcement brace out of 1/8” aluminum flat bar. Gonna take it up to the shop and round off the ends on the bench grinder, and I might paint it or bed liner it black.

No more risk of tearing up my new boots, and the fender has the same flex it originally had with the brace.

94RS

No fucks given.
Wow... your pack rat ass family actually let you get rid of shit and organize? I’m surprised [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Wow... your pack rat ass family actually let you get rid of shit and organize? I’m surprised [emoji23]
Guess they realized I’ve been throwing shit in the trash and selling stuff for the last 2 years so there’s nothing down there that’s really off limits anymore lol

Still got like 5 dump truck loads of shit to throw out...

R13

The other asshole
Guessing nothing's been done with the sumo since you've been busy with the garage then?
Just haven’t had the desire, or the money. Brother also really wants it so fixing my other stuff has been on my mind until he decides. He has to buy it for what I paid obviously.

94RS

No fucks given.
He doesn't want to give up the T Bird, and now he wants half of what was traded for the T Bird? That motherfucker is a fully realized version of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka....

R13

The other asshole
He’s just jealous because I’ve been riding Chungus and he hasn’t ridden either of them yet even though I’ve offered multiple times.

Like I said, he has to buy it from me, and he has to do the work it needs, and that’s why he’s still uncertain, he thinks because it looks rougher than Chungus that it needs a FULL tear down and total rebuild or it’s unrideable, despite that I’ve ridden it 5-6 times with no issues other than it running lean.

R13

The other asshole
Quoting to get your attention because I’m bored and I assume you are too

Can’t remember if you asked about that one area I’ve been riding in or not, but with the help of a shitty trail tracker app I mapped it out.

It’s only about a mile long in total, but I can’t bitch too much, it’s 2 minutes from my house.

My reasoning for that wasn’t just to show you btw [emoji23] I wanted a better view so I could plan out some new paths. I want one speed jump, and I’d like to tie in the 3 fast stretches into a repeating figure 8 kind of thing.

Also took chungus out for no mechanical sympathy beatdown for 2 hours... guess who got the beatdown [emoji23] Feel like I’ve had the shit kicked out of me

94RS

No fucks given.
That’s pretty much how I’ve felt lately from work [emoji23]

Nothing new going on with any of my bikes. Probably gonna pick up the 190 engine after I pay off my exhaust system though

R13

The other asshole
Not gonna be any real progress for me for awhile, gf wanted another vacation so I spent a shit load on a nice cabin because I hate hotels, then when I save up again I gotta fix my vehicles. Tired of the truck smelling like antifreeze, and I miss driving a manual.

Only thing I might do is get renthal grips. I’ve done everything short of glueing those protaper grips which I refuse to do because it’s a fucking mess, and the left one keeps coming loose. You can put firm renthal waffles on with wd40 and once it dries those fuckers are stuck until you pump them full of WD again and work it around with a screwdriver.

94RS

No fucks given.
“Another” vacation? I need A vacation... [emoji23] only had two days off since I started this job over four years ago, and that was jury duty and picking up my brother from prison 180mi away.

How the fuck did you end up paying for it when she’s the one with a job? [emoji1787]

R13

The other asshole
“Another” vacation? I need A vacation... [emoji23] only had two days off since I started this job over four years ago, and that was jury duty and picking up my brother from prison 180mi away.

How the fuck did you end up paying for it when she’s the one with a job? [emoji1787]
I don’t need a vacation, I’d just like to stay home and play games for a week [emoji23]

She offered to pay some into it, but I told her to just get the food and stuff. Since I’m probably not gonna get to keep Scary without pissing my diva ass brother off and causing a scene, I figured at least I could get myself a cozy cabin with a hot tub for 3 nights. Probably also get to go kart racing with Skav since I booked during his days off.

Could’ve done something better with that $600, but at least I won’t have to come back to an all white hospital room lookin ass hotel when I’m sweaty and exhausted from walking around strip malls killing what’s left of my brain cells trying to comprehend what women find so fascinating about shopping in the same damn places they go 30+ times a year

94RS

No fucks given.
Your fucking brother needs to get over himself.... or tell him you’ll trade him Scary for the Thunderbird that he’s never gonna touch [emoji23]