Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
I keep telling him if Scary is too much work for him then just get another one... his argument? “Where is that money gonna come from” Same fucking place it’s gonna come from anyway because I’m not giving him that damn bike, from the very beginning I told him if he wanted it he had to pay me the $3000 back because we all agreed and I rightfully bought that bike with the $6500 I got for giving up the vette, and fixing the tbird for him.

Not to mention I’m the one who took a solo 13 hour road trip to go get it in a truck I wasn’t sure would even make it, if I had just got Chungus I only would’ve been gone 4-6 hours.

94RS

No fucks given.
It’s almost as if someone else owns something that you want, you have to pay money for it.... [emoji848]

Nahhhh, in the real world, you just get handouts. I didn’t actually pay for any of the bikes or cars that I own, and damn sure didn’t pay for any of the mods/repairs. I just demanded it and it was given to me.

R13

The other asshole
Well when the only three vehicles you’ve ever had were given to you, and two were bought practically brand new I’d have to be a real piece of shit to try and charge him for a 19 year old sumo that I bought with money I was given to fix another car that’s gonna be given to him.

Lemme just start a business for him and run it and do everything free of charge, he can keep all the profits [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Tore into Scary’s carb out of boredom. Already has a 175 main which should be good if Chungus is any indication. Had a standard 68 pilot instead of a 68s, and I’ve seen two major potential vacuum leaks, that shitty eBay hot start thing... the hose was zip tied onto a brake bleeder fitting between the carb and cylinder head where there’s supposed to just be an M6 bolt (not sure the purpose, it’s in the service manual in pictures, but never mentioned), and it was missing a clamp on the intake boot.

Gonna sort out the carb tomorrow because I have another 68s, and at some point I’m gonna check the valves and just do a leak down test for curiosity’s sake, if all turns up good or fixable there then I’ll see about ordering a baffle tube and a packing kit and seeing if I’ve sorted out the misfire. I did read the plug last night and it’s been running hella lean for sure, read Chungus’s too after riding it plenty on the rejet and it’s running just on the rich side of perfect which is exactly where I want it because rich means it runs cooler, as long as you don’t go so rich it starts running lazy.

R13

The other asshole
Nope, he’s buying the parts, or he’s gonna say flat out, plain and clear that he doesn’t want it.

I’ve got the parts laying around to fix the basics though, I would like it to run healthy so I can fuck around with it... because it’s in my name so it’s still my bike

R13

The other asshole
Guess we’ll see, I haven’t even told him I started on it, I’m gonna tell him I need the vent/drain hoses for the carb, and the stuff to fix the muffler.

R13

The other asshole

Needless to say I can’t leave it alone [emoji23]

I ripped the controls apart and took off the top triple, got it soaking in greased lightning to remove the faded anodizing. Decided to spot test polishing the radiators, between the rain, other chores, and the hardware stores not having fucking metric flange bolts in stock I’m not making any progress on the carb so I figured I’d piddle with what irks me most about this bike, which is the shitty weathered looking bar area.

As you can also see I have some wiring to clean up too...

R13

The other asshole
So I heard, but I saw a couple posts complaining of pitting, hadn’t seen any of that for greased lightning. So far it’s gotten most of it off in about an hour, but the top is being stubborn so I’ll go to oven cleaner if the GL can’t get it.

I think I’m gonna rebuild the GPR unit, strip the anodizing on it too, paint it wrinkle red, the triples satin black, and the bars (until I get new ones) wrinkle black, with Renthal diamond grips.

I also took the T4 apart, I’m in the middle of stripping it too.

94RS

No fucks given.
I mean.... that one plug cover I did started like this

And this was taken probably 20-30sec after spraying it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Pro tip: don't spray the shit on foil like I did. Got super hot and melted straight through lol

R13

The other asshole
The fuck is in oven cleaner [emoji23]

Could be cheaper anodizing too, I know this shit’s faded, but the GPR stabilizer+triple clamp kit is $700+ new