Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Didn’t actually, oreilly’s had it in stock, but I didn’t have $16 to get it, plus the big tub of mothers mag polish was on sale for $7. I’m sure the mother’s won’t give me the shine I want on a few pieces so I’ll get some eventually.

R13

The other asshole

So basically Scary is now mine for sure.

Actually turned out to be a real good find, The guy who owned it died and his wife was selling it, but he bought it in ‘05, and never rode it once, it still has all the little warning stickers and shit all over it, original chain+sprocket, there’s not a single bit of boot rub anywhere on it. It’s not perfect, it has some moisture oxidation from being in a damp basement for over a decade, but it has an oversized Clarke tank, an Edelbrock quicksilver carb, Scott steering damper with BRP upper triple, pro taper bars, so it’s definitely a gem, only thing I fucking hate about it is the damn rekluse clutch, that is the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever ridden, it’s supposed to be good for woods riding, but it lags, and sucks power like an autotragic trans, but it’s not mu bike... I have chungus and a supermoto so I’m good [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
So wait... your bitch boi brother didn’t want to pay for your bike, yet he paid for a whole different one?

R13

The other asshole
In all fairness look at Scary right now [emoji23] this one just needs some light spiffing up from sitting, it runs great.

I managed to talk him into it, we got some money from our grandfather after passing, I starting tearing down Scary, and me being the dick I am I started making parts lists to make it seem way more expensive than it’s gonna be, so I told him just find a clean one around he likes and I’ll go pick it up since he can’t because of the anxiety disorder thing that keeps him from going far from home.

It came with a whole spare set of oem dirt wheels too, I’m gonna try to get those off of him for Scary, night not he able to though as he’s hung up on having an entire set of wheels just for different tires even though he doesn’t have any other tires and is too cheap to buy any [emoji2358]

R13

The other asshole

Wish I had taken pics, but in the dead guys garage was also a flawless super blackbird.

These are from the ad

Insanely clean

R13

The other asshole
Shit.... I can’t remember the last time I seen an XX. Had to be at least 10 years ago.
That one looked brand fucking new, it was cool. Shame I didn’t get to meet the old guy that it belonged to, I’m sure he had some good XRR/XX era Honda stories.

Gotta give my brother credit, he destickered his bike in the hot ass garage today.

So far it needs an air filter (old one disintegrated) and it’s running way too hot, not sure if it’s lean (we’re at 1500ft here, it was at 600ft where it came from) or if it’s that stupid rekluse generating more heat. These bikes do good, but when you stop they skyrocket almost instantly so you gotta keep them functioning exactly right or they’ll overheat.

R13

The other asshole
Seem to have sorted the heat issue on it, and yeah I’m working on his bike when I have two of my own [emoji23] it’s so clean and low hours I’d rather just do it myself than risk anything getting messed up.

Not sure why/how but it was about 1/3 of a quart too full on oil, drained it out and it’s not running hot at idle anymore. Some small issues it has is the carb overflows and pours gas everywhere if you leave the gas on with the bike off, probably just need to clean the float needle and set the float level, and the throttle hangs, but after googling apparently the older version of the edelbrock needed a stiffer spring on the slide so that should be easily fixed.

Other than that, it needs a normal clutch put back in it (brother agrees), brakes need to be flushed/bled (moisture in the brake fluid) and it needs the e-line dual sport kit repaired or replaced (the internal battery is shot, and half the bar controls are unresponsive)

Can’t beat that XRR reliability. Sits in a garage for 14 years, gets a half assed dealership tune up to get it running, and that’s all the issues it has.

Also has progrip 719’s... I see now why you recommend them, those are some comfy ass grips.

94RS

No fucks given.
Those 719’s are the off-road dual density ones, right? I just use the 780s since they’re cheap and relatively soft. Pretty sure there’s a dual density version of it though.

R13

The other asshole
It’s the road dual density. They’re noticeably thicker than typical grips, and super soft. Definitely nice feeling grips, even through my thick ass road gloves.