Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Weather’s been too nasty for dirt riding, so I figured why the hell not?

I was curious the difference it made on a bike I know well, actually feels slower, but does wheelies easier, and there’s a point when you’re turning if you go deep enough it almost “dives”. Not sure I like that, but I think the stabilizer helps that a lot because I didn’t notice it as much on Scary.

94RS

No fucks given.
Was about to ask if those were old pictures of your brother's bike... Those plastics looked shitty

R13

The other asshole
The high exposure kinda exaggerates it, but they’re pretty roughed up. Unfortunately I never found a method to actually get them to polish out so I just wet sanded the rough bits and put the graphics over it. I’m guessing the only way for this type of plastic to polish is a good old fashion rotary buffer with a 6” wool pad. I have an old Makita that was my uncles, but I’m too lazy to research and buy a decent pad. Woods riding scratches the shit out of everything anyway, my helmets are starting to look rough already, and my arms have a few new scars.

R13

The other asshole
I’m gonna do a shitty wrap job on it soon to keep from fucking up the paint [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Noticed in the pic that the disc guard that I thought was missing was just broke off [emoji23]

So I pulled the billet one off of Scary, didn’t know until I pulled it off that it was a BD part, that’s kinda neat since they don’t make stuff like that anymore, they’re just a lighting company now.

R13

The other asshole
I did a little bit, but everyone was in bed so I couldn’t do as good of a job as I wanted to. I will next time I take my rear wheel off though [emoji106]

R13

The other asshole
Well, come home from the mini vacation, get my brother to go ride with me, and his bike boiled over... hate that dumb ass edelbrock, it can’t make up its mind if it’s lean or rich.

94RS

No fucks given.
Pull that fucking thing off, list it on eBay and throw on a Mikuni. Check the prices those Edelbrock’s are going for.

R13

The other asshole
I actually like the stock keihin, and it did come with the bike, it’s not nearly as hard to tune as people try to say... I was following him on Chungus riding at the same pace... wasn’t nearly as hot, and I’ve gone through his bike and made sure the fluids and everything are as they should be. These bikes just have to be tuned exactly right or they’ll overheat on the trails.

The only flaw with the keihin is the philips screws are shit, I’ve already replaced the one’s in Scary’s carb with hex head screws. The great thing about the stock carb is the 68s pilot works perfect in all climates and altitudes, and there’s a quick change cap on the bottom for the main jet. Literally just loosen the carb clamps, twist it up sideways, change and done in 5-10 minutes. I’m sure you can get better performance out of the mikuni, but he can’t fully handle the softened power of 650r with the rekluse, he’s not nearly as strong of a rider as even I thought he was, he’s lost a lot of his skills from when we were kids. I haven’t wrecked chungus once yet and I’ve put 130 hard trail miles on it, I’ve surprised myself with some of the wild shit I’ve manage to not wad myself on [emoji23] but he’s already dropped his twice just cruising around 10-20mph in the trails.

R13

The other asshole

I need to get a cable lock so I can spend more time setting up cameras. I keep trying to collect cool clips/angles, but they always just look rushed because I’m afraid to walk away from the bike too long.

R13

The other asshole

Did a leak down test on it, it’s solid. Actually held air so well that it was forcing the motor to turn at just 10psi. Currently doing some mild reassembly just because there’s a good chance I’ll be doing long tube headers and Boris S-types on the mustang to eliminate the infamous passenger’s side manifold flange leak.

One nice thing, rerouting the clutch cable made it much smoother, I’ll still replace it eventually, but for now I could force some marine grease down it and it would do. I’m gonna adjust the valves and see how it runs after I went through the carb, and deleted the hot start. Thinking the hot start was messing with it because there’s a plug between the carb and the head for the CA bike’s emissions pump that it was routed to, hoping it was causing a vacuum leak making it run shitty. If it still doesn’t run right I’ll pull the head to replace the headgasket that has rtv on it, and make sure the timing is lined up.