Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
So apparently those electric bikes that Erik Buell is working on raised over 1100% of it's crowdfunding goal for the mountain bike one.... That's not what caught my attention though. Go fucking figure that Erik works on something and decides "yeah, it's done this way.. BUT, let's go the complete opposite way."

Fucking thing has the crank built into the electric motor, the gears are built into the rear hub, and it uses a belt driver rather than a chain... Typical Buell strangeness.

And tell me the one on the right doesn't look like it uses an overstock 1190RS headlight lol

94RS

No fucks given.
Why the fuck is he building electric fucking bicycles?
Liquid Assets, the company that invested in EBR a few years back, royally fucked him on EBR. They own his company and image to the point they still have the balls to use his name on their posts about the 3-4 bikes they "build" (assemble from old parts and add an ugly paint job) per year stating "developed by Erik Buell", even though hasn't had shit to do with EBR since the last shutdown... Liquid Assets also owns all of the patent that Erik created at EBR that HD doesn't already own from the Buell shutdown, so he joined a startup electric "city bike" company since that's what's currently popular.

R13

The other asshole
I hope I live long enough to see the day the entire economy crashes into pure anarchy when these greedy ass corporations finally take their bullshit too far.

94RS

No fucks given.
Wanna really talk about greedy bullshit?

LAP knows how dedicated Buell fans are to Erik’s bikes, so they tried to generate interest again when they announced EBR would become a “boutique brand” by slapping everyone in the face with an RX painted to be reminiscent of Erik’s personal RW750 and calling it a “35th anniversary” bike... because as we all know, EBR has been around since 1983, not just Erik in a shed making his own race bikes.

To my understanding, this is bike was was taken by Buell employees in like 1998, fully restored with original parts buried deep in the barn, and given back to Erik as a present where he proceeded to burst into tears. THAT is how Buell people do things, not this Liquid Assets bullshit [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
The greedy fuckers in this world have gotten so fucking out of hand in recent years. Fucking Donald dastardly rat bastard trump just encouraged them to start taking shit to extremes by showing them money really does put you above the law.

Doesn’t put them above a bullet, they just need to cross the right person/people.

R13

The other asshole

Blew the dust out of Sledge (Brother’s bike’s name) and of course I had to hop on Chungus while I was at it, didn’t wear a helmet since I was just running them out the street and back. Holy shit I didn’t realize how loud Chungus gets when you open it up, I don’t even know what to compare it to, maybe a snare drum at concert, but lower/bassier.

It’s ridiculous how different those bikes are from each other though, that edelbrock carb and rekluse clutch makes his so docile and smooth, and Chungus is just raw, violent aggression.

The one with the least respectable name has become the meanest bastard in the stable [emoji23] I can’t wait to see how much more aggressive it gets when I finally can afford to put the stage 2 hotcams cam in it.

94RS

No fucks given.
I thought you were gonna run the HRC piston and cam? Or I might be remembering wrong again [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
HRC piston/high comp piston actually is kinda hard on the internals so it shortens the engine life quite a bit which isn’t worth the power gain to me, the stage 2 hotcams cam is almost identical to the race cam that Johnny Campbell’s ~70hp 1x race bike had, not that it alone will boost Chungus that high, his bike had a special reverse megaphone T4, high comp piston, and was running race gas, but you still gain power through the whole range on a stock engine with that cam. Stock output is about 57-60hp, around 47ft/lbs, uncorked, with the cam pushes both numbers up about 4-5. The primary gain is in the top end from what I’ve read, but I won’t know for sure until I run it myself.

94RS

No fucks given.
Try this again.....

- The SS is getting shit mpg’s.

- The XB is now a piece of art for the house since HD finally killed off all Buell parts production

- The C70 still needs a ton of work ($$$) to get where I want.

- and the KZ is a lost cause

But yeah, something small (displacement) and fairly cheap to save gas, so I’ve been looking at these:

KPR 200 made by Lifan. 6 speed, liquid cooled, fuel injected thumper. All LED lighting. Holds gps confirmed 80mph no problem from the videos I’ve seen.

Cheapest I’ve found is around $2300 shipped to my door. Financing around $200/month. I’m currently spending $35/week on gas for the SS. A used Grom is still more than $2300 and struggles to do 60 without mods.

Wouldn’t normally look at Chinese bikes, but my experience with Lifan is damn good considering I beat the absolute shit out of the engine in the C70 almost daily for 2 years and the fucking thing still runs after being left in a shed for a few years [emoji23] (Just want the 190 engine for that bike).

Apparently these bikes also won a shit ton of championships over in Asia the past few years

R13

The other asshole
Leave it to you to come up with something I’ve never heard of [emoji23]

Looks pretty cool given the price, unique.

Only think I wonder is the long term running it at 50+mph on a regular basis. I remember back when that crf230 supermoto came out it wasn’t holding up to high speeds for some reason, and the old xr600r that the 650R replaced had the same problem of blowing up during the Baja 1000. Might just be Honda’s air cooled engines, but I do know it’s kinda hard on thumpers in general to run them at a constant rpm.

I’m guessing being a lifan though the engines probably aren’t that expensive

94RS

No fucks given.
Leave it to you to come up with something I’ve never heard of [emoji23]
Honestly, this is the shit I find when looking for C70 parts [emoji23] It’s now close to $1k for the 190 engine, and I still need a bunch of other shit before I even get to paint... so I looked at other options for the time being.

Only thing I wonder is the long term running it at 50+mph on a regular basis. I remember back when that crf230 supermoto came out it wasn’t holding up to high speeds for some reason, and the old xr600r that the 650R replaced had the same problem of blowing up during the Baja 1000. Might just be Honda’s air cooled engines, but I do know it’s kinda hard on thumpers in general to run them at a constant rpm.

I’m guessing being a lifan though the engines probably aren’t that expensive
The C70’s cruising speed was around 55, and I ran that bitch at WOT 98% of the time I rode it. Just wouldn’t die [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
This is the video I was talking about before. Looks like 5th gear runs out around 65mph, meaning 6th should cruise around 70ish at around half throttle. Not too bad for what would basically be a beater city bike.

R13

The other asshole
Actually seems to do pretty well. Surely you could find a smaller front or rear sprocket somewhere to give you a hair more gear. It sounds happy around 62-65mph, but I’d probably drop the rear sprocket down 3-5 teeth just to settle it down that extra bit.

Worth a shot honestly. It’s kinda cool, the narrowness of it and the fact that it’s a decent sized thumper looks fun.