Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Gonna go ahead and say it’s fake considering you can’t see any pipes behind the fairing.

If you can see the damn wires of my headlights on my bike, you’d damn sure see a charge pipe and manifold. Also... ya know, forks kinda get in the way [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I’d definitely say it’s not complete. Could be outright fake too because that compressor turbine looks plastic [emoji23]

Me and my brother were talking about buying firebolts in the future, which got me thinking... is there any point? Obviously I’d wanna ride it, but aren’t all the parts discontinued? So if I had mechanical issues I’d mostly be fucked unless there were aftermarket upgrade parts out there?

94RS

No fucks given.
I’d definitely say it’s not complete. Could be outright fake too because that compressor turbine looks plastic [emoji23]

Me and my brother were talking about buying firebolts in the future, which got me thinking... is there any point? Obviously I’d wanna ride it, but aren’t all the parts discontinued? So if I had mechanical issues I’d mostly be fucked unless there were aftermarket upgrade parts out there?
I know for sure there's companies that make bore kits, pushrods and do headwork, and EBC has brakes covered as far as pads and rotors (I believe the master cylinders are Nissin).... but idk about stuff like seals/gaskets, bearings, transmission parts, electrics, etc since I always tried to stay OEM when I rebuilt my bike.... Which is why I'm fucking terrified to ride it these days. I'm scared of breaking something serious and having a 430lb paperweight.

Which brings me back to that Lifan. Looked further into it, gotta get bills and shit figured out first, but I'll definitely be grabbing one of them as a beater here soon. Eventually would also get the pipe on the red/white bike shown

Reactions: R13

R13

The other asshole
I’ll be interested to see how it pans out. It’s definitely an interesting bike for what it is.

I figure if I do get an xb it’ll just be treated like a race car, anything that breaks will just get made from scratch. Wiring/electrical, anything and everything that I can custom make, or know a person/company that can make me what I need. Engine might just become frankensteined, or use an xr1200r/sporty engine. I’d still like to have a good road bike, but really buell’s are all that interest me. Dyna’s are too fucking expensive, and I have no interest in trying to buy one from a private seller after trying that so I’ll only buy one from a dealer, and I’m really only interested in the FXDX which is still too expensive for me, so when the day comes if it’s not too unrealistic I’ll probably hunt down the black/red 09 12r.

94RS

No fucks given.
Engine might just become frankensteined, or use an xr1200r/sporty engine.
I think you may be forgetting something kind of important....

XB engines share little to nothing with Sportster engines, not even the shape of the cases. Also the mounting points are completely different.

^ that’s an XR engine. Internally, it has XB heads,I believe XB jugs, and possible the Screaming Eagle cams that match the stock grind of the XB, but otherwise it’s a Sportster XL engine.

Sportster engines ARE a direct drop in for a tube frame Buell, though performance would be lower due to the lack of Thunderstorm heads and some other bits.

R13

The other asshole
Ah, well shit.

Didn’t realize they were THAT different.

Hell honestly once I see how the XR’s do on the street I might just buy another one and build a dedicated road warrior with a small rear sprocket for plenty of gear, and run a Dakar fairing/acerbis safari tank.

94RS

No fucks given.
That’s pretty much why I’ve been wanting Sporty... you can build one from a catalog without needing a single part from HD. The Roadster just fit the basic package that I would want to do, besides some mods.

Figure I can get power close enough to what an XB makes with a 1250 kit, XB grind Screamin Eagle cams, an air cleaner kit, a 2-1 exhaust and 883 primary swap (slightly lower top speed, better acceleration)

Handling - the Roadster shares the triple clamps with the XR1200, and HD still sells the XR1200X’s fully adjustable front and rear suspension as an upgrade kit for XR’s. Pair it with some good tires, and it’d make a hell of a fun bike.

Of course, this is a lot of money we’re talking about, and that’s something I won’t have for a while with this bullshit job [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I would say just buy a damn xr1200, but it might be too tall for you [emoji23]

Plus it’s honestly not the most desirable looking bike. It’s cool, but most people will just look right by it.

The roadster is a damn good looking bike though, and it’s a good bit newer.

94RS

No fucks given.
Still want the 190 for the C70 and they KPR, but this was too damn cheap not to take a chance. I’m thinking it was a major typo on their end [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
My thought exactly [emoji23] Either way, if they show up, I got a couple cheap engines. If they don’t... eBay money back guarantee.