Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
New battery, signals, headlight.... and the fucking high beam doesn’t work [emoji23]

Just not having good luck with that damn light. Ordered it from eBay for like $25 cheaper than amazon... quickly found out why. Bastards sent me a Jeep light (only one wire for the signals). I’m gonna get a bike light (just the light) from amazon and swap them out [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
That’s fucked. I still haven’t made a wiring harness for Sledge... been like 96 fucking degrees in my garage. My brother keeps wanting to sort it out before winter, but it goes straight from 100 degrees in like October here to like 35 degrees in about a weeks time every year. Fucking miserable, and I still have no damn clue how to tune that stupid alien ass edelbrock. It has an adjustment knob on top, but I doubt that’s gonna get me to that fine line of being hard as a bitch to start because it’s too rich, or overheating because it’s a hair lean.

Probably just gonna throw the damn Keihin on it and forget it.

R13

The other asshole
Gotta bring it back because it was one of the best selling bikes they’ve ever had... it won’t do as well this time after the hype dies and people actually ride them.

R13

The other asshole
That’s why I said after people ride them. I’ve not heard anyone talking bad about the new chassis per se, but I’ve seen a TON of people get all hyped up and work up a big bunch of shit, then just go silent and never say another word about them after they ride them.

I’m guessing they’re just boring as shit, which wouldn’t surprise me, it’s basically a Honda shadow with a semi fast, but overly smooth boring engine.

R13

The other asshole

Finally, a camera that doesn’t take blurry, distorted, shitty pictures in my garage.

94RS

No fucks given.
As tiny as that fucking Zfiddy is, that bar height (at least in those pics) makes it look way bigger than it really is [emoji23]

And just for shits n giggles.... I know damn well you paid less for your XR’s [emoji23] [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
3k each, but Chungus is the newest one at 2002 [emoji23]

I’m sure XRL’s are good bikes, but I think anything over 3200 is too high for what they are, Honda desperately needs to revive the XRR and do some updating, but keep the engine mostly the same so it stays reliable and lasts forever.

R13

The other asshole
The fiddy ain’t terribly small, me sitting on it my knees are at almost an exact 90 degree bend, so I could still comfortably ride it. I wanna say the seat height is like 15-20 inches.

R13

The other asshole
Just finished sorting the wiring on the camel (aka Big Knob, aka my brother’s XR) ended up robbing the OEM ignition coil, and rectifier off of Scary, the rectifier he’s gonna replace and give me back because they chucked the one off his when they did the dual sport kit (which is dead), I didn’t like how the Nology coil had to be mounted on Big Knob because it’s too close to all the major heat sources, but since Scary is so beat and ragged and I don’t care, I’m gonna drill a hole in the air box for the plug wire and mount it in there away from the heat.

Won’t know how it runs until tomorrow obviously. Next order of business will be installing the Trailtech, his new oem rear fender, putting a fresh 50/50 mixture of coolant in it, and begin sorting the overheating issue if the coolant doesn’t fix it, and attempting to adjust the Rekluse.

I’ll get pics of all that shit of course, but the wiring was nothing to look at, I didn’t actually end up having to make a new harness, it was still there once I picked away all the E-line kit shit.

R13

The other asshole
Well that was fucking stupid... went to put the tank on it and fill it up to start it (have to put like 1.2 gallons in them before it even gets to the petcock) Fucking petcock is leaking now... tried to use Scary’s tank; same fucking thing. I didn’t even take Chungus’ off because it doesn’t leak and I didn’t want my shitty luck to fuck it up too.

Ended up using a gear oil bottle tied to the frame with a towel as a fuel tank, fires right up, all the lights and everything work like a charm, so at least that seems to have worked.

R13

The other asshole

All wrapped up for now. Next order of business is a coolant change, carb tuning, and testing/tuning the trail tech... and fixing/replacing the fuel petcock. After all that’s squared away I’m gonna see if this old ass rekluse has an adjustment mechanism inside the clutch cover like the newer ones do, if not he wants a stock style clutch back in it because this one is laggy and riding trails with it is a pain in the ass.

94RS

No fucks given.
Stupid fucking tapatalk keeps giving me notifications for the wrong god damn threads... Didn't know this shit was even updated since it keeps showing the photography thread with new posts, even though there aren't any.

You should just get your brother an easy pull lever or something. Wouldn't want his little hands to hurt, would we? The petcocks, are you gonna get rebuild kits for them or is it just cheaper to buy all new ones? I know new ones are less of a headache for sure.

Reactions: R13

R13

The other asshole
Scary is definitely getting a new one, it’s so worn the engraved words are worn off, his bike will probably get a new one too because he just likes to buy all new shit and make it look nice which is reasonable, I think the rebuild kit is $15~ and the whole damn petcock is like $30.

I just drained and put fresh 50/50 coolant/distilled water in it, and took it for a ride... not sure what I did during reassembly but everything works 100% better now [emoji23] Carb is running and starting good, throttle cables aren’t catching (I did reroute those per the service manual diagram), I changed the way the entire clutch cable was installed and adjusted (it has 3 different adjustment points) It shifts much smoother (don’t like clutchless shifting on pavement because that’s hard on the clutch basket, but using the clutch lever is kinda weird on a rekluse sometimes, only has a tiny amount of travel/disengagement)

Still needs the rpm engagement point dropped on the clutch, but it’s running good, and it’s staying around 165F above 20mph. Hottest I got it was to 178F which is well within a happy range. The trail tech Striker is dope, the new style speed sensor seems to be much more reliable and accurate, the voltage and temp readouts are instant which is real nice.