Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
That makes me kinda iffy, remember the crf230m?

Been awhile since I’ve read about them, but if my memory serves me they were real bad about blowing up after not a lot of miles. Best I remember it was simply that the engine couldn’t handle constant rpms and road use, possibly due to poor oiling or perhaps poor heat dissipation but something supposedly was killing them.

R13

The other asshole

I’m hungover as fuck so my camera skills are garbage, but my size estimate was pretty spot on. Gotta make my own bracket and do some notching to make it fit better.

R13

The other asshole

Need to polish the spoke nipples and get a new sprocket, but that’s all coming as soon as I get some more money.

R13

The other asshole
Get any further with that Sportster headlight conversion?
Been broke, decided not to make a bracket for the fairing until I get the bucket and mount them up together.

I tore the cooling system down, did a valve lash check and some fine detail engine stuff, all is well, just got the radiators sorta polished up and reinstalled. Also found an oem voltage regulator on eBay for $20... those are normally $50-$90, and it’s guaranteed to work by the seller or full refund. Scary had one but I donated it to my brother for his bike when I was fixing it, and he bought that one for me. So next things on the list are to rewire it, install the headlight, fill it up with fluids, and see if that bitch runs like it should.

I eliminated two possible air leaks, as well as went through the carb, made some needed adjustments, hopefully when it fires up it’s not missing every 2-3 cycles, and hanging in the rpms like it was before. It ran fine otherwise once you got into it.

I also don’t have to rebuild the front brake caliper like I originally thought, turns out it was in the master cylinder making it hang a little, which I replaced just to have a new lever and a cleaner reservoir [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
God damn, at least you’re getting shit done [emoji23]

In my bike news, I got denied on the monthly payments for that fucking 250 supermoto. After that happened, I decided “fuck that bike” since it would be about 2500 out of pocket up front to get it how I want.

Now I’m gonna take that 2500 or so that I would have spent and put a down payment on a brand new Iron 883 and start with a completely customizable blank slate that I can actually get work done if something happens, rather than throwing the whole bike away [emoji1787]

Reactions: R13

94RS

No fucks given.
Right, so I completely forgot that last year they came out with an Iron 1200...

$1k more and the 2020 comes with the tank design that I’ve wanted to put on a bike, and the fairing kit which would’ve went on anyway.

Bars and cables would need to be changed to what comes on the 883 of course, but I’m fairly certain that’s gonna be the bike [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I say go for drag bars. Out of all the sporties I’ve sat on the most comfortable was a 1200 nightster with bars like these and forward controls.

Makes the bike feel more nimble and like it would be easier to throw around too

Flanders is a good brand for drag bars if you like that route and go looking for brands.

94RS

No fucks given.
I can’t stand the look of drag bars [emoji23]

For me, It would either be Iron 883’s

Or Biltwell tracker bars.

Both of which have the same type of bend like the superbike bars that I put on everything. Which one I end up with would ultimately depend on if the 883’s feel too high for me when I’m sitting on a bike at the dealership.

Reactions: R13

R13

The other asshole
Biltwell’s for sure. I always thought the factory 883 bars made it look cheap, and I usually like high bars.

R13

The other asshole
Breakup with your girlfriend and she moves all her shit out leaving you with a bigger room than before because you tore your closet out to make room for a bigger bed? Move your supermoto in to remind you how much better off you are [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Oh fuck man, I’ll have to take some text screenshots sometime to show you all the fucking shit I’ve been through the last 3 days... loved that girl more than I’ve ever loved anyone, ended up crying on my grandfather’s grave for 3 hours Sunday night because I didn’t know where else to go and he was the only person I could tho know with enough experience to help me even though he could say a word to me...I haven’t cried in almost 8 years. I made some mistakes on my part, but holy fucking shit what an absolute fuckshow... she turned out to be completely off her fucking rocker and I was blind as fuck to all of it until I ended it, then ALLLLL of it came spewing out.

I’m not gonna lie and say I’m over it already, but holy shit am I starting to see how miserable I’ve been for the last 3 years.