Boost help for B20B

yoashtrey

Hey all, first off I want to say that I am completely new to all of this. I've done tons of research and I still feel like I have so much to learn. However, I also decided it is time I start my first build and figured here would be a good place to share my plans and ideas.

What I have:
1991 Integra RS DA9
B20B (stock internals and mileage unknown but appears to be in great shape)
stock tranny
Tanabe T70029 Medalion Touring Cat-Back Exhaust System

Tein (GSA32-1USS2) Street Basis Coilover
Brembo rotors

K&N RF-1005 Universal Air Filter

Everything else (other than sounds system) is stock.

What I want to do:
This is going to be my daily driver until I get something else so reliability is a must. 270-300whp is my goal but will adjust according to budget. Ultimately plan on swapping resleeved B18C into it and would like to keep as much of the parts as possible. Because I'm going for boost, I also plan on swapping a 5 speed into it. As for boost, I know a lot of people say PSI doesn't matter but for the sake of saving yall time I want it to be 6-8 PSI.

I have a brief idea of what I will need to get in terms of bottom end for the B20 but would like to avoid putting more money into it. This is my first turbo setup so I'd like to get as much hands on experience with it before I decide to commit to a more expensive setup as well.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2gt99on.jpg