Boosting a 220k mile gsr

vtecwhat

Ok long story short I have a 98 db8 with just over 200k miles last compression test (about 6 months ago) was just at 198 across the board. The original plan was to rebuild the bottom end to stock specs and boost at about 8psi looking to reach between 250 and 320 whp. I have 3160 to spend on my build that will need to include all parts for the engine, struts, clutch/flywheel, shop labor and fluids/miscelanious. Due to various issues money is getting right in the budget barring a poor compression test here in the near future would a new head gasket and timing belt/tensioner/ and water pump suffice? This is my DD and reliability is a must let me know what you think. Thanks Vtecwhat.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
220k is a lot. You have many things that are near failing and you're about to introduce more stress and heat. That's going to push parts to break. Plus $3160 is not enough. That's a tight budget for everything even if you buy ebay garbage parts and then you're guaranteeing more parts will fail. Keep saving and planning. Buy parts as you go along.

R13

The other asshole
If I boosted my 230k gsr it would blow out and lose compression in a matter of minutes.

If you can't get on the freeway and run 75mph for about 30 minutes without burning almost a quart or more of oil then it's probably too unhealthy to boost it enough to make it worth it :lol: