BOSTON area...I need help will pay cash

ronnie0072

Hello I am doing a head gasket on my 95 LS. I need help removing the intake manifold. I have all the tools, jack stands and 2 ton jack. I can not for the life of me figure out how the hell to get the bottom bolts off to remove the mani. All i need is that help with that and then you can bounce. Hit me up if you think you can help. BTW I am a 30 y/o man that needs his car back on the road asap not some kid bullshitting all day so if you can help me out ill take care of you. Thanks

ronnie0072

when you say underneath you mean like climb under the car and wrench them laying on my back? I am not being sarcastic at all btw. I appreciate any help

tyeteg

You can pull the head with the IM on as well. I just did my HG an left the IM on until I got the head out. It's a pain in the car. And leaving the IM on gives you a bit more of something to lift on.

dlo253

Yeah, I usually keep the intake manifold on when I pull the head. Why take it off unless you actually need to. Work smarter, not harder. :p

ronnie0072

but i've been reading there is a bracket that connects the IM to the block? Is that correct? I ask because I dont see said bracket.

ronnie0072

You can pull the head with the IM on as well. I just did my HG an left the IM on until I got the head out. It's a pain in the car. And leaving the IM on gives you a bit more of something to lift on.
was the IM bolted or bracketed to the block?

dlo253

There is supposed to be. Wasn't one on my car when I got it. Just look around, make sure you got everything disconnected. If you think you do and you cant pull it, you must have missed the bracket. May not have it though, lol.

Jdm Dina

Function with Form
There is supposed to be a bracket on the back of the intake manifold that has 2 12mm head bolts going up to the intake manifold and 2 that connect to the back of the block I went to my garage and took a pic of the helms manual for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronnie0072

There is supposed to be a bracket on the back of the intake manifold that has 2 12mm head bolts going up to the intake manifold and 2 that connect to the back of the block I went to my garage and took a pic of the helms manual for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow man thanks for doing that for me

Jdm Dina

Function with Form
No problem I was a Honda Technician for over 10 years I help out as much as I can!

Tomodachi Squad

dopematic

I got rid of that bracket a long time ago. Haha. But yeah you can remove the head with the intake manifold still on. It's a lot easier and if you need to; you can just remove the intake manifold while the head is off. Much more room to work with. Good luck! :thumbs up