brake light on dash(e-brake light)

92GSRneedswork

its not a huge problem but more of an annoyance. when im accelerating hard, or when im cornering hard, the brake light on the dash comes on, i was jw if there was a quick or easy fix to this or if anyone knew what the actual cause of this is, thanks

p.s. on a side note, the ebrake feels very loose between its resting position and when it starts to engage the brakes

mirrorimg

Brake light on the cluster is the Emergency brake. It has nothing to do with brake fluid or ABS.

There is a switch at the ebrake handle under the boot. When its down, the lights off. When it does up, it presses the switch and the light comes on. The switch is probably bad, the plug is wiggling around, or something to that effect.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Brake light on the cluster is the Emergency brake. It has nothing to do with brake fluid or ABS.

There is a switch at the ebrake handle under the boot. When its down, the lights off. When it does up, it presses the switch and the light comes on. The switch is probably bad, the plug is wiggling around, or something to that effect.
actually this is incorrect, Theres a sensor on the resevior that will trigger the brake light to go on if fluid levels go too low ;) happened to me a fair share of times when my old master cylinder was leaking. i can usually get the light to go off if i wiggle my e brake because the sensor was bent a tad for the remote start to work but when its on and wont go away im low on brake fluid

mirrorimg

Are you sure Dylan? I was under the impression it is for the parking brake, not for the braking system.

This guy, right? Ours may say "Brake" between the parentheses.

I guess it does pertain to both. The Ebrake is on one circuit, then the pressure circuit is split into two.

Learn something new everyday.

Brake Warning Light Circuit
The brake system is divided into two hydraulic circuits. On most rear-wheel drive vehicles, it is divided so one circuit applies the front brakes and the other applies the rear brakes. On front-wheel drive cars and minivans, the system is usually split diagonally. One circuit works the right front and left rear brake, and the other works the left front and right rear brake. This is done for safety purposes so if one circuit loses all its brake fluid and fails, the vehicle will still have one remaining circuit to apply two wheel brakes.

Usually located on the master cylinder or the brake lines exiting the master cylinder is a "pressure differential" switch. If either brake circuit develops a leak and loses its fluid, the difference in pressure when the brakes are applied will trip the differential switch causing the brake warning light to come on

Last edited: