BRAKE suggestions

stealthy

Not Turbo Lag,Its Forplay
looking for some suggestions on a good brake upgrade without spending a stupid amount of money. right now im leaning towards brembo blanks and hawk pads with some goodridge ss braided lines (already have). if you know of anywhere that has good prices on these let me know!

MoJoJoJo

Banned
wat size rims are u running on? get a use set of type s or base rsx brake kits, and swap...ur also getting a 5 lug conversion at the same time...they arent expensive at all. type s is a lil bigger than base by the way

stealthy

ive got 16in wheels, but im sure that out of my price range and i dont really NEED 5lug. im just wanting a low priced upgrade (around/under $300)

GSROWNSU

i would recommend ebc brake pads...hawks are good too but a lot of people deal with ebc "green stuff" i have it and they're great.

stealthy

really? see i have ebc greenstuff pads on another set of gsr brakes i have (off a totalled gsr) and i see more people raving about hawks and few people even mentioning ebc haha but thanks ill see what some other people say as well

you know any good websites?

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
go with slotted rotors and hawk pads. cross drilled rotors crack under heavy stress. i had the slotted/hawk setup on my GSR and it worked great. i have the EBC greens on my DSM, they will fade easier than the hawks but they also have less brake dust

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the hawks definitely put out more dust but they do stop better and are more heat resistant than EBC greens.

stealthy

i think ive decided on brembo blanks and ebc pads. i decided against hawk bc they are dusty from what ive been reading, although a bit more aggressive than ebc. im not racing this car or doing anything extreme as far as braking so i think this setup will do me just fine for a total of $280 since i already have ss braided lines. also, some people complain about the hawks sqeeking from time to time bc of the more metallic compound.

oh, importrp for brembo blanks (144.59 shipped)
and summitracing for ebc greenstuff pads (136.80)
thats for my gsr, civics may be cheaper, not sure. and those are the best prices ive found