BRAKE suggestions

stealthy

Not Turbo Lag,Its Forplay
seems as if ebc arent as dusty tho, and that my big problem right now -- trying to keep my wheels half way clean :(

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
do you like your setup TegSox? i had the same setup on my teg with stoptech slotted f&r with hawks. they work great! i do think they put off more dust compared to the EBC on my DSM though. but i'm gonna switch to hawks on it next brake change because they seem to have better heat toleration and with gsx being kinda heavy i need that

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Honestly, I haven't really tested them since they've been fully broken in. With regular braking they have pretty much the same initial grab as stock brakes, and they don't make any noise. Haven't tested their fade resistence yet, maybe I'll do that this weekend on an off ramp.

speedin

The Transporter
TegSox said:
Honestly, I haven't really tested them since they've been fully broken in. With regular braking they have pretty much the same initial grab as stock brakes, and they don't make any noise. Haven't tested their fade resistence yet, maybe I'll do that this weekend on an off ramp.
quick Q, ive heard alot of people have their ways of braking in rotors/pads. how did u do urs?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
sleepinghatch said:
how do you determine "fade"? i dont understand exactly what that is
When you hit the brakes, as you know, heat is created. The heat is absorbed by the pad and rotor mainly, and under normal braking the two do a good enough job of absorbing the bulk of the heat themselves. But under hard prolonged braking, the heat saturation point of the pad and rotor is quickly reached and heat radiates further, into the caliper and the brake fluid. When the pad and rotor are fully heated, the ability to create sufficient friction between the two is greatly reduced, and when brake fluid boils you lose pressure in the brake lines. These two situations create brake fade, it takes a longer distance to get the car to come to a stop.
Lay on the brakes the next time your coming to the end of an off ramp. From 75 mph or so, lay on the brakes for about 4-5 seconds, let off, then hit the brakes again, you'll then feel brake fade.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
speedin said:
quick Q, ive heard alot of people have their ways of braking in rotors/pads. how did u do urs?
Powerslot recommended 8 stops from 35mph with moderate pedal pressure, then 3 hard stops from 50mph, so that's what I did.

Braketime

Brembo brakes are indeed a good choice, but there are brakes that give similar performance as that of Brembo avail in the market for a much lower price. You can check those at Brake Time USA brake rotors. I have been using these brakes for a while now and they are so good.