Breaking up in boost

1lowda

hey guys got a questions, it just recently put 450cc injectors and a new chipped ecu from pheriable, and know when i hit boost and get to like 4k or above on rmps the car seems to break up, wasnt doing it before, i have already changed the spark plugs to a colder temp, asn still doing it any suggestion?

1lowda

no a buddy of mine checked it and said there wasnt any detonation, and the ecu is tuned to what im running it just started doing it after i put the injectors and ecu in, i checked the timming and everything seems to be set right, it dont seem to be leaking anywhere.

no a buddy of mine checked it and said there wasnt any detonation, and the ecu is tuned to what im running it just started doing it after i put the injectors and ecu in, i checked the timming and everything seems to be set right, it dont seem to be leaking anywhere.
Have you had the car tuned on the current set up, or did someone write you a generic map based on your set up?

mirrorimg

hey guys got a questions, it just recently put 450cc injectors and a new chipped ecu from pheriable, and know when i hit boost and get to like 4k or above on rmps the car seems to break up, wasnt doing it before, i have already changed the spark plugs to a colder temp, asn still doing it any suggestion?
You bought a generic, modified base-map ECU. Way to go.

Now sell it and take it to a tuner to get it PROPERLY tuned.

I really dont understand why people spend the money on boosting their cars, and cant lay down a little extra to make sure it is tuned right. I guess this is the cheap+fast method.

john vega is the man but unless you took your entire car down to him you need to get it tuned he gives you a paper with your ecu that says this. i suggest getting your car professionally tuned because there is no way that the basemap is dead on.

1lowda

the plugs are gap to .30 but i had plan on taking it to stage 6 over i jacksonville to have it tuned just dont have the extra cash right know they are the cheapest place that i have found around here

GSROWNSU

the plugs are gap to .30 but i had plan on taking it to stage 6 over i jacksonville to have it tuned just dont have the extra cash right know they are the cheapest place that i have found around here
Your car is not tuned right now...it has a basemap tune which is used to get your car from garage to dyno. A basemap tune is NOT used to boost around on. Don't drive your car anymore until it can be taken to a tuner and tuned with a engine management software of some kind on a dyno.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
lol theres a tons of people around me who have been boosted on a phaerable ecu for months and they have no problems (yet), your basically a dumbass if you dont get a proper tune but whatever floats your boat. Make sure your not hitting boost cut, what plugs are you using and how much psi are you running? Im taking it that you have a t3/t4 setup?

ACJett

Enthusiast
You bought a generic, modified base-map ECU. Way to go.

Now sell it and take it to a tuner to get it PROPERLY tuned.

I really dont understand why people spend the money on boosting their cars, and cant lay down a little extra to make sure it is tuned right. I guess this is the cheap+fast method.
^ Ditto.

Get yourself a proper tune...

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Tuning is the most important part of a turbo build. You can not skimp out on paying for a good quality tune. It sucks that you spend so much on something that you can't turn around and sell (because it's car specific), but it's really REALLY important and needed.

If you don't have another car, take the bus to work. Do not drive the car until it's properly tuned. If you absolutely HAVE TO drive your car, shift at 3000 rpm. Don't hit boost. Good luck with it all. Don't ruin your car because of some impatients

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Get a fmu to use till you hit the dyno. They are cheap and work fine for low boost conditions.