Buddy Club N+ Coilover Review

lta777

N+ Coilover Review:
Features:

15 Adjustible Damper Adjustment Adding 4kg/mm to the set up or away from the set up depending on the setting.
Urethane isolated upper pillow ball mount
3 way adjustable coilovers allowing ride height to be adjusted independently of spring pre-load This was a big feature i liked, that is a must have for ride quality and consistent spring rates.
Complete mono-tube design
Nice finish

Ride Quality: Having had stock suspension, skunk 2 springs, skunk 2 pro-c's I can say that this is the best suspension i've had. Not to mention i've had the oppertunity to ride in cars with b/c and tein coilovers. This coilover is as close to stock ride quality with handling bumps. Not to mention even if there's 4 people in the car it handles the ride well. Even on full soft while maintaining quality ride comfort i can have faith in my car when going around a bend, or merging on daily driving.

Turn up the stiffness, and put your car on a track and let me tell you compared to my pro-cs the n+ keep the car on rails, youll have great confidence in your cars handling capabilities after installing these.
Construction: Great quality, i've had these installed for almost 10 months now, i haven't had any problems and these coilovers have been put to the test between track days and auto-x and daily driving in NJ's snow storms these coilovers have held up to the test of time, with no decrease in performance!
Durability: on month 10 as of 2/13 so far no failure great quality and no complaints. I have yet to see any corrosion or decrease in performance of the coilovers. I will be doing a session of road course this weekend on this current set up! These coilovers are made to be raced and used, and i expect them to continue to perform as my track seasons continue.

I also purchased the Buddy Club P1 LCA's
I'm very happy with this purchase, they've held up long term no rusting, or failures. They come with polyurethane bushings and are a great match up to the N+ coilovers. With 6061 Aluminum these LCA's are tough, and have lasted through my NJ winter storms, track days and daily driving through NYC and all over NJ.

I strongly recommend the N+ and P1 Lca combination. This is a quality set up for any basic diver who wants to lower their car but doesnt want to lose ride quality, as well as those people who are auto-x whores and track sluts, you can expect this coilover to get you into the top times for the day, and the FTD if you know how to drive your car.

I also purchased the ASR Brace with a 24mm rear sway bar. I'm sure there's multiple reviews. obviously going from a 14 to 24mm rear sway bar has shown great improvement. My understeer has improved as well as handling. Its a great buy, especially with the availability to upgrade to their 32mm hollow swaybar (if your nuts and need that).
I also like how it comes complete, with polyurethane bushings, and not to mention it all goes together as a kit, so install is easy.

Note about the install: i did not drill out the thread for the sway bar busings. I did not want to lose the thread if i went back to stock, i did not run into any problems long term even after track use, and the sway bar performs well. The only problem i did run into was that you can easily over torque the bolts by not drilling out the bolt thread. be careful during install.

All in all i'm very pleased with this set up, I am even more excited to add more quality parts from Buddy club to my cars suspension in the near future.

Some plans i have include:
Buddy Club Extended Ball Joints
Buddy Club Front and Rear Camber Kits

Expect some reviews once i purchase these!

Update: 10 months later here's how there holding up! In great condition! Even after auto-x and a winter in nj.

Last edited:

bkirshr

User that is Registered
good review! we actually have a coilover review thread on here that you should add this to.

Ryan659

Damn, now I want some. Some one buy tein's

lta777

good review! we actually have a coilover review thread on here that you should add this to.
Thanks i'll be doing that now.

Unnnnggghhhh I will have these coils one day!
Its worth it, dont waste your money on cheaper coilovers do it right the first time and you wont regret it!

How are the bushings holding up?
Bushings are holding up well. No signs of wear, I actually just took the car out to the track this weekend and did some road racing this weekend and was keeping up with my friends evo X. The coilovers held up great throughout the track, and handled well in the corners going 60~70. Very predictable sturdy handling with these.

Damn, now I want some. Some one buy tein's
If you guys are serious about buying them shoot me a email i might be able to help you guys out Lta362@gmail.com