burning Smell + thin white smoke

Diggumz

The smoke is coming from the engine and the burning smell as well.
It could be oil that's on the engine burning but I don't know if it burns with thin white smoke.
Or the fact that my Transmission fluid is leaking and it's burning that.

Any suggestions or ideas?

rexpepper123

does it have a sweet smell to it? if it does its coolent which has white smoke. depends on the smell i guess. if you know what burning oil smells like its a horrible smell. id check your coolent hoses and also for oil leaks or any leaks for that matter. hope this helps!

Diggumz

does it have a sweet smell to it? if it does its coolent which has white smoke. depends on the smell i guess. if you know what burning oil smells like its a horrible smell. id check your coolent hoses and also for oil leaks or any leaks for that matter. hope this helps!
It's a horrid smell. If you think about it oil could be burning and over powering the smell of the coolant. As of what I know the car has only 1 leak in it and that's the Transmission fluid. When I took it to get my oil changed they said that the trans was leaking. I know there is a hose that's whistling when I took a look to fix my idle but couldn't pin where it was coming from.