Cabin air filter

Cripton805

Mine has a cabin airfilter because Ive seen it personally under the dash.
Mines a 1995

I will add thats its bitch to get to though with my year. Easiest way is dash removal.

Last edited:

Cripton805

No I don't =/

It's just a little foam thing though. It's poop. Once you remove the dash it will be plain in sight behind the glove box.
It's hardly worth the trouble.

Adamradmand

That is not the cabin air filter. If I am thinking of the same location you are, if you remove that sponge looking thing, there is just plastic, (if memory serves me right). And I think there was some kind of foam material in the AC blower box, but that is still not a Cabin Air filter. In the 98-01 integras, behind the glove box, there is a parallel bar and behind that there is a tiny slot you could add one, but it is not worth it. Basically the only thing we can do is that when driving in bumper to bumper traffic, or behind diesel trucks, turn the Air Recirculating button on to prevent outside air from coming into the cockpit.

Cripton805

That is not the cabin air filter. If I am thinking of the same location you are, if you remove that sponge looking thing, there is just plastic, (if memory serves me right). And I think there was some kind of foam material in the AC blower box, but that is still not a Cabin Air filter. In the 98-01 integras, behind the glove box, there is a parallel bar and behind that there is a tiny slot you could add one, but it is not worth it. Basically the only thing we can do is that when driving in bumper to bumper traffic, or behind diesel trucks, turn the Air Recirculating button on to prevent outside air from coming into the cockpit.
That's what I think I'm thinking of. lol
I looked around online. It said there is one though around that area for the earlier years. It's just a bitch to get to. But IDK how credible that info is.

Deetz

Been in the game a while, and a few years ago, realized that 1998-00 Civic's with a/c had a more modern ventilation box, as do the Canadian Acura EL during those years, with a full provision for an oem cabin filter. The 1997-01 Honda crv came with the option standard, as did the EL, and civic models oversea's came stock too. If you hit up a pick n pull, and 1st generation Honda crv, you can pull the box open behind the glove box and pull out the filter and brace it fits into. Often you would want to put in a new filter though.

Anyway, low and behold, i was parting a 2000 Integra today, the dash was out and i noticed the airbox "had" the provision for a cabin filter also, wow. Great upgrade for cheap for those interested!!!

Deetz

Yes, considering that they started in the civic chassis in 1998, i would think the 98+ DC2 was the same!