Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
I need to wash my truck baaad...

I finally put the carpet back in it after cleaning it over a month ago, and I got one of these for the musty smell caused by the leaky back window:

It’s only been in there a day and the smell is already gone so I’m pretty impressed. It’s just a bag of what they claim to be volcanic rocks although it looks more like salt rocks. Says to lay it out in the sun every couple of months to “recharge” them... aka dry them out [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
That was the result of getting home early, boredom, and a day with no rain after two months [emoji23]

- Oxi Clean car wash soap (smells awesome)

- Mother’s Speed Clay with Simoniz (had it laying around) quick detailer as lubricant.

- Meguiars Ultimate polish

- Meguiars Gold Class Plus liquid wax.

And of course the Ultimate all wheel cleaner for the wheels.

R13

The other asshole
I’ve been wanting to get pads, compounds, and polishes for my DA bad lately.

I could make the mustang look like a whole new car if I took the time and went full OCD on it... the truck too for that matter.

But unfortunately I have $74 and the truck needs plug wires bad so that’ll be about $35, and all the pads and stuff I want/need are around $120-$160

94RS

No fucks given.
I’ve just been using the pads that came with the polisher. They’re chemical guys’ “Hex-Logic” branded, but they get the job done pretty well.

The ones I used earlier come as a combo pack on amazon. Orange for polish, black for wax.

R13

The other asshole
The mustang has some pretty bad/wide ghost scratches and hard water spots embedded in it so I wanna get probably more stuff than I need, but I’ve been researching polishing/paint correction on and off for 3 years and I’ve pretty much got a list of everything I want to make them both look as good as they can.

- Two 6 packs of Lake country flat pads, yellow, white & black. 3.5” & 5.5”
- Lake country backing plates 3” and 5”
- Meg’s microfiber cutting pads
- M105 & M205

I may also do some orange peel correction on the driver’s quarter panel on the mustang because it’s been repainted and the reflective difference is pretty huge.

R13

The other asshole
The fast finish has been doing great, I might get a decent carnauba wax to put on before the fast finish, but I don’t think it needs it for protection purposes.

94RS

No fucks given.
M26 is a carnauba. Pretty sure it’s straight wax unlike GC+ which has some polishing oils in it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Before.

^ shadow on it is my finger hovering just off camera to show reflectivity.

After.

Touched up my dlo seal also.

So yeah. Expensive as shot for a polish and it’s basically vanilla bean scented water, but it works damn good.

94RS

No fucks given.
I thought you already had it [emoji23]

For best results, use these things.

Side note: fuck chemical guys. I went to amazon to get that picture, and it was $9.60 for a single applicator. I go to Walmart and get a two pack of identical applicators for under $2.

R13

The other asshole
I have some [emoji23]

I actually might use a regular home interior paint brush. I’ve been using that when I do the engine bay plastics and so far that works miles better for getting an even coating and not soaking up half the product.

94RS

No fucks given.
You barely have to use any. One thin line across the applicator and scrub it in, add another line once you get half the tire coated.

R13

The other asshole
The edges on my truck tires shred those foam things from Walmart, already figured that out [emoji23] So that’s another reason for the brush

94RS

No fucks given.
Forgot I bought this big bitch on Prime Day. Was only like $8. [emoji23]

Anyway, I didn’t have shit to do at work, so I went home and washed the SS since it’s been like two months due to raining damn near every day.... And my yard being a dirt patch.

Here’s a before and after of the Endurance gel for ya, kirt. I never coated the tires after they were mounted, so the before pic was only the rubber after cleaning with Ultimate wheel/tire cleaner.