Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
[emoji108]

Put some on the GT yesterday. Once the sun goes down I’m probably gonna wash the truck and apply it

94RS

No fucks given.
Wasn’t sure if you used it yet or not [emoji23]

Since I don’t drive the SS much, the shit normally lasts over a month on my car if I skip washing it.

R13

The other asshole
I got some on my hands yesterday, I can see it lasting awhile. That’s some sticky ass shit [emoji23]

Yet somehow dirt doesn’t really seem to stick to it once it’s applied and set

94RS

No fucks given.
I mean... dirt will stick to it if you park like where I have to, but it rinses right off and the gel somehow stays on the tire.

Like I said, it was uncoated, but this is how my wheels look after it rains in my dirt patch yard...

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, that fine topsoil dirt that splashes every fucking where. I try to keep my vehicles out of that shit all cost because it drives me insane [emoji23]

I graveled half my front yard last week because of that shit

94RS

No fucks given.
This is what happens when I wash the car on a bright, sunny day without a cloud in the sky....

R13

The other asshole
After seeing that I ain’t doing shit today... everything I’ve tried to do for the last 2 weeks has gone that way. [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I use 2 soaps unless it’s not super dirty.

- Purple power vehicle & boat. Spray on, rinse off, no touching. It strips wax and all kinds of nasty shit.
- Then Meg’s wash & wax, which I usually do a touch wash with, but because there was so much salt I decided not to touch it in case there was any residual salt left.

Then I usually finish it off with Meg’s ultimate fast finish, but even though I didn’t this time around the water was still beading pretty well and it’s been 6~ months since I last applied any [emoji108]

94RS

No fucks given.
Got around to cleaning the SS since it’s finally fixed.

Directly after washing, while the car was still soaking wet, I sprayed on Megs Ultimate Quik Wax, rubbed it in with a small microfiber, then dried with the water magnet towel. Came out pretty good.

- Gold Class soap
- Ultimate waterless wash/wax under the hood/in the trunk
- Natural shine interior cleaner
- Gold Class 3in1 leather cleaner
- Ultimate all wheel cleaner
- Endurance tire gel
- Ultimate Quik wax for drying

Parked right in front of the door at a convenience store since I don’t trust shit out of my sight.... come out to an older couple talking to each other while staring my car down. They ended up asking me what year it was when I went to get in. They thought it was a 2019 [emoji1787]

R13

The other asshole
I mean it’s nice, but what the fuck [emoji23] Who hasn’t seen a cobalt.

Nice job on the detail. I might try the quik wax soon, I feel like I need an extra layer under or over the Fast Finish.

Clean your camera lens [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
The lens stays clean, it’s the fucking lighting. Cloudy day plus under big ass tree doesn’t equal great phone pics [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Oh, and try this. It’s supposed to bead water for a full year.

Idk what I did with my bottle, but it lasted from January to July (when I put it on/last time I polished it). Probably could’ve went longer, but ya know [emoji23]

Reactions: R13

R13

The other asshole
The first few look fine, the last two have that cloudy smudged lens look [emoji23]

A good photo editor for mobile is photoshop express. I think if you sign into your adobe account it unlocks everything for free too. It does everything as far as image correction goes. You could even out the bright ass sky and shit on the dark stuff a little better if you wanted to, and it’s quick, especially after you learn it which takes no time itself.