carbon fiber roofs

JimDCXC

I just found this tonight, I've never seen anything like it before. I usually post more on clubcivic and I know one of the trends on there lately is painting the roof black with a carbon fiber hood and trunk/hatch. Anyways here's what I found and I'm sorry if this is a repost, I searched but didn't find anything. Just thought I'd share.

http://www.compositesfab.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=66

they have some other cool stuff there too thats kinda unique

NOFX

hater
I've seen this too. I'd love to get my sister's Cayenne Red coupe and put this on it. :yummy:

speedin

The Transporter
PogKai said:
is it a bolt on, or do you have to cut and weld?
theirs no way something like that could bolt on. but anyways ive seen those b4 and they are carbonfiber overlays on top of the regular roof. so really its all cosmetic. no weight savings :(

NOFX

hater
Sure, it might just be cosemetic, but it is nicer than just painting the roof black imo. I don't imagine it weighs very much too... probably like having a piece of cardboard on your car or something.

Here's all the other info from the link btw for anyone who didn't click it. ;)

Detailed Description

94-01 Acura Integra Roof Cap - Twill Carbon

VACUUM INFUSED not open molded like 95% of carbon fiber parts.

UV Stable - Specialty formulated UV coating to outlast the competition 10 fold

Manfactured using the highest quality materials and state of the art manufacturing.

Brand new to the market. Be one of the first to own this very unique and custom roof cover. These are going to be a very limited production item.

Once installed you can not tell that it is a cap. All the edges roll into the stock gutters and windshield molding. Manufactured using the highest quality materials with our famous manufacturing processes

The roof cap is shipped wetsanded and buffed but the edges are not cut. These have to be fairly thin so they are not tall once installed. The edges have 4 yes I said 4 layers of kevlar for strength. We do not cut the edges because they give the part stabilty and strength during shipping. Any body shop can install these fairly easily. We do supply a free $20 Dremel Carbide cutting wheel to cut the edges. The come with full install instructions as well.

What makes ours different then the Lower Quality China Made ones?

* Gel Coating is 10 times more UV resistant then the competition
* Made by Advanced Composites Engineers not just hired help
* Vacuum infused, Not heavy and brittle wet open molded
* Epoxy based resins not PER, so it is lighter and very strong
* We offer them in many colors
* We offer package deals
* 100% MADE IN THE USA

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
NOFX said:
Sure, it might just be cosemetic, but it is nicer than just painting the roof black imo. I don't imagine it weighs very much too... probably like having a piece of cardboard on your car or something.

[/B]
dont get me wrong. these kick ass! and look just AMAZING! but i just wanted to clearify they were overlays

NOFX

hater
Oh yeah, that's cool. I don't know how safe I'd feel if it were a full roof replacement! :lol:

I'm glad they're making plans to get a cf headliner for my car now. I have sun damage on my moonroof sunshade and I think I'd only replace it with cf if I could do the entire headliner too.

JimDCXC

NOFX said:
Oh yeah, that's cool. I don't know how safe I'd feel if it were a full roof replacement! :lol:

I'm glad they're making plans to get a cf headliner for my car now. I have sun damage on my moonroof sunshade and I think I'd only replace it with cf if I could do the entire headliner too.
I've seen carbon fiber headliners for your car out already, just not by that company. They were on ebay for a while for like $450. I don't know if I would buy something that big on ebay though. Oh and you have to remove your windshield to install it.

NOFX

hater
Yeah, I figure so much. I've been wanting a new windshild too though. I got hit buy a nice sized rock awhile back. Dead center. It's like a fucking bullet mark on bulletproof glass.

In order for it to be more likely to match weave exactly though... I'd rather it come from the same place.

JimDCXC

NOFX said:
In order for it to be more likely to match weave exactly though... I'd rather it come from the same place.
probably smart, i never really thought about that

ltrain

i like it , i saw something similiar, it was to replace the sunroof glass with carbon fiber to save weight and it looked clean from the outside (cf), lost the link though