`.-. Changed my Gauge Light to Amber!!! =]

ZekZ

OG DA
can someone do this in a DA and take pictures step by step? i didn't spend much time on it, but i couldn't get the cluster out to change the bulbs. pictures would tickle my fancy though. if it makes it easier my AIM is Puppykicker6647 i hella wanna change them red cuz my da is gonna be all red/white/black. im getting red 92 gsr seats in a couple days if not today.

Ken34

i just swapped out my lights for the red ones, waiting for tonight to see how bright they are.

wite2nr

can someone do this in a DA and take pictures step by step? i didn't spend much time on it, but i couldn't get the cluster out to change the bulbs. pictures would tickle my fancy though. if it makes it easier my AIM is Puppykicker6647 i hella wanna change them red cuz my da is gonna be all red/white/black. im getting red 92 gsr seats in a couple days if not today.
you have to disconnect the speedo cable from the back of the cluster. thats probably why you can't get it out. after that, it should be (3) 194a bulbs and a couple 74's I think. Sorry, I dont have any pics of when I did it to my DA. but i can tell you taking out the cluster in a DA is a bish

Alexandre89

Can any1 help??

Hi i have an acura integra and the lights of the climate control don't light up?? how can i fix this??

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
IM DOING MINE BLUE LIKE MY HEAD UNIT this weekend! IM SUPER EXCITED! haha i know blue isnt that bright but imma do some custom solder work and see how it turns out! :)

mirrorimg

which store can i get some lights?? i need to change mine..
You can find 194 bulbs for the cluster at any auto store. I got some ambers for mine at walmart. The little bulbs for the auxilliary lights are a different size. 174 maybe? I dont know. As for the climate control lights, you need to pull the climate control out, and replace the lights. The hazard and rear defrost buttons pop out, and there are screws behind them. Then pull out the climate control. (I think theres something else holding it in, but I didnt get that far.)

IM DOING MINE BLUE LIKE MY HEAD UNIT this weekend! IM SUPER EXCITED! haha i know blue isnt that bright but imma do some custom solder work and see how it turns out! :)
Good luck with that. Ive seen some that come out bright, and others that make it difficult to see the needles. I had some green LEDs in my cluster, and changed them out because I was straining to see the speedo needle. I bought some white 5led lights, and I'll see how that does, but I dont expect much.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Good luck with that. Ive seen some that come out bright, and others that make it difficult to see the needles. I had some green LEDs in my cluster, and changed them out because I was straining to see the speedo needle. I bought some white 5led lights, and I'll see how that does, but I dont expect much.
Thanks! ya im hopin it will look sick! what color were your old LEDs?

mirrorimg

I had gotten some Yellow/amber wide angle leds, and some green wide angle leds. The yellows were as bright as the ones I took out, and the greens were too dim. I ended up shaving some of the coloring off to allow more light to be transferred through, but it didnt really help. Ill put a pic up of what I tried to use.

From left to right: Original bulb, Yellow LED, Green LED, 194 amber bulb, 5LED White
I know its a bad pic, I left my camera at a friends house.

I havent tried to 5led, so I dont have any info on how it will looks. The regular amber has given me the best output so far.

Last edited:

mitchzilla

ALLDAY DK
[/URL][/IMG]I went with the blue, I used the led lights so they are pretty bright. I might try red though it looks sick to.

Last edited:

burgerpimp07

Made my cluster/map lights/dome light BLUE!

I used the Wide Angle 5-LED for the cluster and the 9-LED Festoon bulb for the map/dome. The map/dome led's were a little wider and longer than the OEM ones, took a little modification to get them to fit right without popping out every few seconds:

Lights are definitely brighter than stock, and I didn't even realize there were hot spots in the cluster untill I saw these images. You can't even tell in person. I ordered some bulbs for the climate control/cruise control/glove compartment/ash tray/trunk, they're on the way. I'll post pics when I change those.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

The reason you see hotspots is because the 5led's you are using probably have one led centered, pointing at the back of the cluster, and the rest are set up radially pointing towards the sides. Mine are like this too, and the areas directly under the bulb are brighter than the surrounding areas. If you got the leds that have all of the leds pointing in the same direction, though I dont have experience with them, would probably polarize this effect.

Daybid

Dump or Die.
Made my cluster/map lights/dome light BLUE!

I used the Wide Angle 5-LED for the cluster and the 9-LED Festoon bulb for the map/dome. The map/dome led's were a little wider and longer than the OEM ones, took a little modification to get them to fit right without popping out every few seconds:

Lights are definitely brighter than stock, and I didn't even realize there were hot spots in the cluster untill I saw these images. You can't even tell in person. I ordered some bulbs for the climate control/cruise control/glove compartment/ash tray/trunk, they're on the way. I'll post pics when I change those.
not seeing redline doesnt bother you at all?