Check Engine on After switching ECU

NguyenTr276

The story is that i replaced a B20B engine and tuned by replace a new ECU. Last few days i had the Emission Test and i did the CFK wire trick and changed the LS ECU (the original one) to be able pass the test. Then i changed the new ECU (the one for B20B) back in and check engine turn on after i start the car for like 10mins. I reset the ECU by unplug the ECU connector and let it sit for a few mins and plug it back in. I did not reset ECU by disconnect the battery. So i am not sure i reset ECU yet. Any idea or guesses!!!! THANKs

static_dc2

The story is that i replaced a B20B engine and tuned by replace a new ECU. Last few days i had the Emission Test and i did the CFK wire trick and changed the LS ECU (the original one) to be able pass the test. Then i changed the new ECU (the one for B20B) back in and check engine turn on after i start the car for like 10mins. I reset the ECU by unplug the ECU connector and let it sit for a few mins and plug it back in. I did not reset ECU by disconnect the battery. So i am not sure i reset ECU yet. Any idea or guesses!!!! THANKs
Pull ecu fuse and back up fuse located under the hood for 15min then place it back in start the car don't touch nothing else but the key and let it run for 15 minutes shut it off and start it right back up that resets the ecu

NguyenTr276

I just disconnected the battery for about 20mins and connected back in, it was on when i just start the car, I run it for about 10mins, then i turned off for about 5 mins and its off when i started the car back on. I drove the car to school. After school, i get to the car and start it, the CHECK ENGINE turn back on again.
I did the CKF Bypass trick as in this link http://ff-squad.com/wp/?p=309. But i did not cut the C22 and C31 wires as it said in the RED sentence because i did not see the cutting wires in the pictures. So is it because of the bypass trick that make the new ECU catch some new signal that lead to the CHECK ENGINE?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Pull the code, figure out what the problem is. If its the CKF code then your bypass was unsuccessful,

NguyenTr276

The bypass was successful because the light was not on when i put the LS ecu (old ECU) in for the Emission Test. But it is On if i use the new ECU. Before the new ECU was not on but old ECU was. After the bypass, the new ECU is on but the old ECU is not. I don't know why. :(

Muckman

Not a M0derator
different ecu has different pins. you should compare the modification you did against a pinout diagram of the new ecu.